Original topic:

Fold 5: status and navigation bars disappeared

(Topic created: a week ago)
Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

My top notification bar (time, charging status, and notifications) has completely disappeared. My toggle buttons at the bottom have too, as well. I have tried to reset my phone multiple times. I've also gone into settings and display to no avail. I do not receive any notifications, unless, I pull the top screen down. 

Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
The only way I know I'm receiving your notifications is bc vibrate. And then I have to pull the screen down to see what notification it is.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

In the Advanced features settings is the slider for Hide status and navigation bars on? If it is on, turn it off.  This is the only thing I can think of that would make both your top status bar and your navigation bar disappear.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Angryberg33 Are you using the QuickStar module in Samsung's Good Lock app? 

In the QuickStar module, look under Visibility of Indicator Icons. Make sure that you haven't disabled those items. 

0 Likes
Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I really don't know. I have no idea what that is ha. How do I check?
0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@Angryberg33 See if you have Good Lock from the Galaxy Store installed. (Not the Google Play store.) 

If you do, open it and click on QuickStar. If it is ON, click on Visibility of Indicator Icons and review the items listed. 

Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Yeah, I use the Google play store.
0 Likes
Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I went and checked, anyways, no quickstar downloaded.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

If you don't know, then you are not using Good Lock. Check the phone's advanced settings and make sure the hide status and navigation bar slider is not set to on.

Angryberg33
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Ok, I went to advanced settings, and there really are no specific "hide notifications." I did try and put it on different setups. Nothing still changed. This is soooo frustrating.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Oh, sorry, that setting was in the advanced features of thr screenshots settings so they wouldnt show in any screenshots. Sorry about that. Still trying to figure out why they disappeared in the first place and did not come back after a reset. Unless you inadvertently changed a setting and that setting remained in the backup.
0 Likes