Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 07-26-2023 07:06 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

95 Replies
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
You are absolutely correct that the hinge allows the device to close completely flat
0 Likes
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I personally have never had any issues with my Fold 4 hinge, Most damage to the hinge was most likely caused by dirt or debris, The Fold 5 has a different hinge design then the Fold 4
0 Likes
BigAle
Astronaut
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Hopefully that helps to keep the hinge protected from the nature Samsung also has a beautiful case too which looks like will help on protection too
0 Likes
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I've never heard of the hinge being a big issue for users, in fact it seemed surprisingly durable in all the tests you can find on YouTube. The new one feels fantastic. I had Fold 3 and the hinge was fine, but felt a bit light/lose, then Fold 4 where the hinge felt a bit uneven when opening and closing, but the Fold 5 feels perfectly balanced, and very smooth. Heck, I'm upgrading to the new Fold just for its new hinge! Everything else is a nice bonus.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the âĪ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ⮇

JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
A little food for thought if you are someone that constantly says you're going to wait until the next Generation comes out next year because it's going to do XYZ better you will literally be saying that every year Tech moves fast enjoy the now manufacturers cannot do substantial upgrades every year and expect to come out with new phones as much as they do each year. refinement is what you want durability usability are so under stated if you want the fold five or flip five buy it Samsung is five generations in they are definitely the best foldables on the market when you consider all factors as you should really understand it's not just about looks it's about the entire package and nobody can compete with Samsung at this point when it comes to foldables no matter how cool they look if you are someone like me who upgrades every year then you probably know that's the best way to always have the latest tech as you can maximize the trade value by not waiting too long
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I have witnessed many reviews stating that the fold 5 is the exact same thing as the fold 4 I'll agree from far away it looks pretty similar But when you get it I cannot begin to tell you how much the 5 generations of refinements has perfected each of the details of this device it has made a huge difference this phone is in no way the 4 it's faster it's screen is brighter the phone feels wonderful in the hand and looks just stunning if you're on the fence I definitely have to say give it a try you will be surprised what you find I would much rather Samsung continue to perfect something then give us a completely different phone every year that could be full of issues. So far the fold 5 is a definite Winner and it's finally time a fold device is ready for everyone not just the tech heads like myself 
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Look at the size differences between fold 4 cream 5 is blue it's so refined I really appreciate the differences that make the phone so much more usable in my opinion 20230807_132110_1000013011_1691439682.jpg20230808_143552_1000013161_1691530572.jpg
0 Likes
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Completely agree
0 Likes
Rusky73
Asteroid
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Everything has integrated well together. I love all of these devices. Working flawless together. 
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Yep, same here 😉 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes