JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Buds 3 pro: sound hurts my ear in ambient mode

(Topic created: 08-21-2024 05:32 PM)
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds

When I light my lighter when in ambient mode and hurts my ear. (Left side) is it only me? 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Yes, it do, everything is default settings. No matter the ambient volume, it's still the same, even at its lowest.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds
Well, I think ambient modes on the buds acts the same as the hearing enhancement setting to amplify ambient sounds.
0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
I don't touch those settings. Maybe when I get older
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

I'm not telling you to change them, however, anything you change can be changed back. In any case, what I was saying is that the ambient mode on the buds most likely does the same amplification as that setting, so turning it on would probably really be painful for you.

0 Likes
Thomas00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

This issue occurs not only in ambient but also in adaptive and ANC mode. The ANC function handles volume spikes rather poorly. It's noticeable, for example, when sorting cutlery (the short clank) or when too close to sizzling or sputtering oil.

The sound with which the ANC attempts to cancel these noises actually hurts my ears. It's far louder than the initial sound it tries to cancel.

02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Interesting, I don't have ANC problems. Yea might have to wait for the update and use other headphones
0 Likes
Thomas00
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

Did you test your ANC under these conditions? You don't get these volume spikes e.g. when you clank cutlery together? (Doesn't even have to be that loud.)

0 Likes
02XII
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Buds
Just tested it and I don't have that problem
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Buds

I don't know what to tell you, then.  I would suggest returning them if you can or, if you can't, try selling them or gifting them to someone if you can't get over the annoyances. They sound like they are vexing you more than pleasing you. I don't use buds at all - I have JBL ANC headphones which I got as a gift, and I am fine with those for air travel and TV watching.  If I'm just using a headset for phone calls, I have over the ear bone conduction phones, so I can hear the sounds around me while listening to music or taking/making phone calls.  I find ear buds annoying and easy to lose, so why would I want to spend so much money for them?

0 Likes
Vince82
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Buds
I have the same issue with ambient mode on when im at work taping boxes with a tape gun it gets loud there are even some pop noise too also i dont have the option to make ambient louder i have that setting off
0 Likes