JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

GalaxyBud stopped working out of nowhere

(Topic created: 06-22-2020 09:22 AM)
MoisesC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Buds

I put both buds to charge in the case, came back 2 hours and only the left one was fully charged. I left right earbud in there for another 2 hours n still no charge and the galaxy wearables app just shows an exclamation point for the right ear bud.

284 Replies
user9VvB1yiDW5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

I have the exact same issue as described above.  Left bud charging fine, right bud not charging at all and has exclamation point showing in app.  I am using the original galaxy buds charging case and have it connected to a docking station charging port using the original USB cable as well.  I have been using these buds for about 6 months with no problems until yesterday.  Would really love if someone could provide any recommended solutions.  Hopefully it is not actually a problem with my bud or the charging case.  I don't know of any reason why the bud or charging case would stop working properly though.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Buds

Have you tried resetting your buds? Give these steps a try: First, navigate to and open the Galaxy Wearable app on your phone.

For the Galaxy Buds or Buds+, tap About earbuds. Tap Reset earbuds, and then tap Reset to confirm.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userQtQFDJB3cl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

I've tried resetting it a couple of times but only the left bud connects to the wearable app.

0 Likes
Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Buds

If you are unable to connect after resetting your buds give these steps a try.

Go to Bluetooth menu and forget the device

Next, open the Wearables app and unpair the buds from the app

Once unpaired, uninstall and reinstall the Wearables app

Then reconnect the device to the phone like it was connecting for the first time

Another good thing to always check is to make sure the connections are free of debris or anything that would hinder the contacts from touching properly. You can use the following link for some good maintenance/ cleaning steps.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/sm-r170-galaxy-buds-clean-the-earbuds/

If after performing this and your symptoms still persist, send me a private message with your model code and serial number so I can assist you further. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Mhtruth
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds

https://youtu.be/FZMu8OzGdDY

try method in this video 

0 Likes
userU7jLiEd9ep
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds

Hello MoisesC pls try to connect to any other phone and check as mine  had the same problem but i connected it to my moms phone after which i came back and connected the buds to my phone and the left earbud got life again. It was that simple for me i had wasted 3 hours just to land on that solution.

hopefully this woks for you.

0 Likes
userKngEVn8KRX
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
im having same issue my left is fully charged and right is not charging and wont connect to app
0 Likes
PedroTheLion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
It's insane how common of an issue this is. I have the same issue. The worst part it was a gift I hardly got to use. Put them to charge one day (with the original charger cable) and the next day they didn't work.
0 Likes
PedroTheLion
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Buds
I've had the very same issue hundreds of others seem to have had so I'm hoping posting on the forum ends well.

I've had these earbuds for some time but rarely used them so they're like new. A couple of months ago or so I busted them out to listen to my favorite podcast to notice they weren't charged. I connected them to their charger (Yes, the original one.) and after a few hours, only the right one worked. The left one just remains "charging" but it won't connect or complete charging.

Please help...
0 Likes
Flyguykeith
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Buds
Good luck
0 Likes