Original topic:

Samsungs New Fold 5

(Topic created: 10-20-2023 11:29 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

d62491a1-2b21-11ee-bb6f-bf57baa30d3a.cf.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the latest foldable phone from Samsung, and it's set to be released on August 11, 2023. The phone is rumored to have a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 chipset, 12GB of RAM, and up to 512GB of storage. It will also have a 6.7-inch AMOLED display on the outside and a 7.6-inch AMOLED display on the inside. The camera lineup is expected to remain the same as last year's model, with a 50MP main camera, 12MP ultrawide camera, and 10MP telephoto camera.

One of the biggest changes to the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is the upgraded hinge. The new hinge is said to be stronger and more durable, and it will also allow the phone to close completely flat. This will make the foldable feel thinner and more pocket-friendly.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5 looks like a promising device. It has a powerful processor, a large and versatile display, and a durable hinge. If you're looking for a high-end foldable phone, the Galaxy Z Fold 5 is a great option.

Here are some of the pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

Pros:

Powerful processor
Large and versatile display
Durable hinge
Improved camera
More pocket-friendly

Here are some additional details about the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5:

The phone will be available in three colors: Phantom black, Cream, and Ice Blue and 2 Exclusive online colors Gray and Blue
It will support 5G connectivity.
The battery will be 4,400mAh.
The phone will run on Android 13.

And a list of the full Specs 

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 5
SoC Snapdragon 8 Gen 2
Display 7.6" 2176 x 1812 120Hz OLED primary, 6.2" 2316 x 904 120Hz OLED cover display
RAM 12GB
Storage 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
Battery 4,400mAh
Ports USB Type-C 3.2, OTG
Operating System Android 13 (One UI 5.1.1)
Front camera 4MP f/1.8 under-display camera (80˚ FoV, 2.0Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.2 cover display camera (85˚ FoV, 1.22Ξm pixels)
Rear cameras 50 MP f/1.8 wide-angle (85˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels), 12MP f/2.2 ultra-wide (123˚ FoV, 1.12Ξm pixels), 10MP f/2.4 telephoto (36˚ FoV, OIS, 1.0Ξm pixels)
Connectivity 5G (inc mmWave), LTE, up to Wi-Fi 6E, Bluetooth 5.3, NFC
Dimensions 67.1 x 155 x 13 mm folded, 130 x 155, 6.1 mm unfolded
Colors Ice Blue, Phantom Black, Cream + Samsung.com exclusive Gray, Blue
Weight 253g (8.92Oz)
Charging25W Super Fast Charging wired, 15W wireless (Qi)
IP RatingIPX8

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

97 Replies
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I too have an S23 Ultra which I had been using daily when Samsung made an offer I could not refuse. They gave me $1000 for my previous phone, an S22 Ultra plus a free memory upgrade. I paid only $800 for a 512GB Z Fold5. I have been using the phone for a month and it's fantastic. It's a small phone compared to the S series Ultra phones which can instantly be turned into a tablet when needed. What could be better?
0 Likes
TheWettNightmare43
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

To be truthful and many other people will disagree with me. But I had mine on pre-order and just this morning I said why the did I even purchase this. I still don't know any secrets or to turn the fron screen on. I rather have a old flip phone with no apps.

0 Likes
AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

I went to one of the carrier stores today thinking about buying a Z Fold 5, but was told my the sales people that the phone was so full of problems that it was not worth buying. This from 2 sales people who work on commission, so I decided to check the forum before buying. They did not try to sell me something else, just discouraged me from buying the Z Fold 5 and said the same thing about the Pixel Fold. I pointed out that Samsung's has been doing this now for 5 years and they said that the earlier phones had the same issues and that Samsung had never fixed the basic problems.

They said that the screens go black and and then don't work, that the built-in screen protectors come off, that the opening and closing damages the screen, that they won't keep 5G connections and that they are constantly breaking down. They said that they are constantly in for repair and that I needed to get a protection plan. I planned to do that, although I was going to buy the Samsung plan and not the carrier plan as it is about half the price.

Is there anything to this? I would like to get the phone as it would save me having to carry 2 devices (a phone and a small tablet for ebooks), but I don't want to exchange my working phone for one that is, as they told me, nothing but a headache. I have read a lot of the online reviews and never saw any of this information, so I don't know if what they told me was real or if they were just so busy they didn't want to bother.

Any information would be helpful. Thanks.

0 Likes
MarthaEstrada
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Sorry, but that's not entirely true. I've owned the Fold 3,4&5. Only the 4 had the inner screen protector start to bubble in the middle top. Called samsung and I got it replaced for free in 15-20 min @ local samsung authorized repair center. In my case it was Asurion. Don't be discouraged. I've had a great experience thus far. Only a couple negatives for me. 1- I can't see myself going back ever & 2- it's a heavy phone in the pocket. Hopefully this helps ✌ïļ

LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

@AJMike I've had the Fold 3, Fold 4, and now the Fold 5. The only issue that I ever had was that the screen protector on the Fold 3 starting coming off. Samsung replaced it for free at the 837 store when I was visiting New York for the Fold 4 unpacked. 

I don't see myself ever going back to a candy bar phone. I have an S23U that just sits on my desk. 

AJMike
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Thanks for the information. That is encouraging.

0 Likes
hubbz1980
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones

Ordered my phone. Also ordered the S-Pen Case and a charger. Love the case and charger. The case is a piece of junk. Within 4 weeks the casing that goes on the display that is available when in the closed position would not stay in place and became deformed. the adhesive completely failed. I cleaned the phone thoroughly before pulling strips off of adhesive and applying the cover, but it just didn't hold up. Tried talking to support got disconnected twice when trying to resolve the issue. Just gave up can't see wasting hundreds of dollars' worth of time to recoup a replacement for 84-dollar poor design that probably just going to fail again. So I just ordered what I consider a superior design which is the i-Blason Armorbox for less money. So what say is this the Z Fold 5 is a great phone and I have used Samsung phones now for 14 years and have loved each one. Very happy with phones and watches but don't buy a darn case from them they are not worth the investment to protect your phone.

0 Likes
Lilmamajones1980
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
Just wondering if the galaxy fold is worth what you have to pay for it? How are the graphics?
cheflidobug
Constellation
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I ABSOLUTELY HATE it. Nothing about this phone is pleasant to use but its size
0 Likes
msh21
Cosmic Ray
Options
Fold & Flip Phones
I'm wondering what the best way is to give Samsung feedback regarding the Fold 6. The fold 5 being a copy of the 4 was so disappointing. There are some really great foldable phones now, one of the best one being the Honor magic v2. Samsung legit needs to look at that phone as it's benchmark. The screen inner and outer screen size is perfect and the phone is super thin. 
0 Likes