Original topic:

Contact sync caused contacts to disappear

(Topic created: a week ago)
pfly57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am always scared to sync or merge contacts on samsung messages asking me to do so. I took a chance on sync on my samsung contacts and just as i feared, they are all gone! **bleep**? Any ideas? 

0 Likes
7 Replies
JTHerrick
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Check the trash can on the contacts app
0 Likes
pfly57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I did..its empty..because i didn't delete..just sync.
0 Likes
pfly57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank goodness i still have my google contacts.
0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Because you synced them, they all ended up in Google. They shouldn't have disappeared, though, because the contacts app reads all sources of contacts unless you had it set to only show your original contacts location (SIM, phone, Samsung, Google.)  You can make sure they all show by going to the contacts app and clicking on the menu on the left and in the little oval window, make sure all contacts is selected, or point it to Google as the default contact location.  You will not lose anything, as your contacts will always be synced/backed up to Google.  If you set Google as the default contact location, when you add new contacts, you will not be constantly asked where you want to save them, they will just save in Google.  The advantage of keeping your contacts in Google is that they are available to you anywhere, from any device.

0 Likes
pfly57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Thank you!
0 Likes
pfly57
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Omg..it has now doubled every entry in my google contacts. If i tell it to merge will it get rid of the duplicates?
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Yes
0 Likes