JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Note 8 in call volume low

(Topic created: 11-11-2017 12:51 PM)
usera3kLtCJUoT
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume
JUMP TO SOLUTION
155 Replies
userzQzwA9kReC
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Use a bit of peroxide on a cotton tip or brilush or alcohol wipe and clean the ear speaker. The  download a clean speaker app in play store. It will fix it instantly

NateMy
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Try the toothbrush trick and a speaker unclogger app . It worked for me .

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@NateMy: Thank you for sharing 🙂

0 Likes
Cbumgardner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem  here. 

0 Likes
benice
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.omegacentauri.SpeakerBoost                           
@Cbumgardner wrote:

Same problem  here. 

MY CALL volume is loud and clear using wifi calling, almost too loud, and i also use one extra app that helps music and by accident helped calls, its called   

its free!

0 Likes
Cbumgardner
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
@benice

I can't open that link for some reason. But I also downloaded a bunch of sound assistance apps. So that might have helped my phone also. Ty
0 Likes
benice
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
0 Likes
Tinkertron
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I am writting this lagethy responce to give you all an update on what I had done to get this issues fixed.

Like many others I searched out this same issue on the web, and came across many postings about people having this issue and not having any real solution to correct the issue, and the truth is, that it is a hardware failure on Samsung part.

After of weeks of having to uses the speaker phone or bluetooth to communicate with people over my Note 8 that I uses for work, I crack down and called Samsung Plus Services to get them to either them me to take it in for a replacement or mail it back to them, which I couldn't do for one day cause I need my phone for work. 

I bought my phone at Best Buy in Garland, TX and I was on my way there to have it exchange/replaced, but I happen to be in the parking lot of Best Buy when I called Samsung. They advice that they had an authorized and certified repair tech there at there Geek Squad station and that since I bought the phone less then a year ago, it was cover under warranty and that I didn't have to pay a dime for repairs.

Took the phone into the Geek Squad and the took care of everything, I happen to go in when everybody else was at work so there was no line and the tech guy had no work ahead of me, so he got on it right away. The wait time was going to be 2 hours for the repair. 

Reviewing the reciept of parts it looks like they had to replace two major parts and they were

SVC LCD ASSY - OCTA KIT

and

A/S ASSY REWORK_KIT

When asking the tech about the failed speaker, he stated that it wasnt the speaker but that the mic was causeing the issue. I am no tech guy but I never had issue with the mic, people on the other line could hear me just fine, it was that I couldn't hear them. But he said that was it was.

I think what might have been the problem are two issue. When they were doing thier final diag, test on my device it stated that it failed, and determine that the waterproofing failed. I believe even though my phone hasn't suffer any exterinal physical damage from drops, but might have damage the waterproof seal and damage the audio hardware from inside.

benice
Comet
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

@usera3kLtCJUoT wrote:
Tried clearing cache Tried factory reboot Re installed SIM card Restarted in safe mode Still no change and extremely low call volume

try this it wont hurt  see if it helps and if you have wifi calling choose it over data calling

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.omegacentauri.SpeakerBoost

worked for months, but read usage after install  to use boost level in settings.

0 Likes
skr1107
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Same problem here. I tried it when I used Spotify Premium but it did not work.

0 Likes