JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unlocked Samsung note 21 ultra

(Topic created: 04-20-2021 04:44 PM)
haircre8tor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
I can no longer revieve mms or send mms messages, it worked fine the first 2 week now even tech  support with att can't figure it out
7 Replies
Solution
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hey @haircre8tor, I hope you're doing well.

While the Note 21 Ultra doesn't exist (yet...?), I assume you're talking about the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra. If you're an AT7T user (regardless of the device being an unlocked unit, this is a known issue with the latest update. To resolve this, you will need to edit your APN settings.

To do this, you will need to go to: 

1. Open the Settings app>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Add>
  2. Fill in all applicable fields based on the chart provided by AT&T (here). You will need to scroll down to the Android portion of the page and use the information under the "Smartphones" column.
  3. After entering all of the APN information, press the menu button on the top right>Save

You should be up and running and can send MMS messages. For good measure, I'd recommend a reboot after saving your added APN.

I hope this helps!

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
haircre8tor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Opps note 20 ,I am going to try now
0 Likes
haircre8tor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
How do I get the apn chart?
0 Likes
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
It's in the link in my post where it says "here."

If you're unable to press the link, simply Google search "AT&T APN" and select the article titled "How to program your data settings for a non-AT&T device."

Best regards,
Rydah
Samsung Care Ambassador

If you've found my post to be helpful, please like the post. If my response resolved your issue, please press the "✓ Accept as Solution" button.
haircre8tor
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
OK I now took att info off Google and I can recieve but can't send ,it just scrolls . Any advice in that?
0 Likes
krazzor
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

This worked for me. Since this is common knowledge, Samsung should update this in the work through on the website. I almost took my phone in for warranty but gave it one last search. Thank you!

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

If the steps that Rydah posted do not help, you would need to reach out to your carrier directly for further assistance. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.