JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

What are the steps I should take if my Galaxy Note 10+ was stolen and the thief turned my phone off?

(Topic created: 04-13-2023 12:05 PM)
HPQuinn
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Please help!

I had my phone stolen right out of my hand last night by some unknown guy full of face tattoos. I pleaded with him to give it back to me. He ran in his car and took off. I know the make and model of the car but was in shock & didn't even think of catching the plates.  Immediately after driving off, he must've turned the phone off as it shows the time and location he stole it as the last location and is offline.

What do I do? I've never had this happen to me and I feel so hurt. I can't seem to do anything on either  the Smart Things Find My Mobile or Google's Find My Device tool, which were both enabled and show the theft location as last location.

I haven't done anything yet. 😢

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BeeFrmNYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

First thing first, file a police report. Secondly call your carrier and report the phone as stolen. He cant use the phone if they black list it. Most theives will try to sell it on ebay if they can't do anything with it but its important you report the phone so they lock it and keep him from accessing your private information and data and trying to sell it.

Note the device’s make, model number and serial number, as well as its unique device identification number -- either the International Mobile Equipment Identifier (IMEI), the Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) number, or the Electronic Serial Number (ESN). The device ID number is usually found in your device settings or printed on a label affixed to your device underneath the battery. Police may need this information if the device is stolen or lost.

Did you have secondary insurance? If so, they can help in getting you a new device.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
BeeFrmNYC
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

First thing first, file a police report. Secondly call your carrier and report the phone as stolen. He cant use the phone if they black list it. Most theives will try to sell it on ebay if they can't do anything with it but its important you report the phone so they lock it and keep him from accessing your private information and data and trying to sell it.

Note the device’s make, model number and serial number, as well as its unique device identification number -- either the International Mobile Equipment Identifier (IMEI), the Mobile Equipment Identifier (MEID) number, or the Electronic Serial Number (ESN). The device ID number is usually found in your device settings or printed on a label affixed to your device underneath the battery. Police may need this information if the device is stolen or lost.

Did you have secondary insurance? If so, they can help in getting you a new device.

nightbird
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
That is awful. Such a special phone. Hope some good person returns it or samsung replaces it.