Original topic:

screen auto change bluelight filter after update to one ui 2.0

(Topic created: 07-29-2020 01:34 AM)
userX23s2XsHde
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Hi,

I encountered the problem of screen blur and has the color like bluelight filter turning on after updating to android 10 and one ui 2.0. If I stop using for a while and turn on the phone ahain the problem disappeared but after a couple minutes the pproblem happened againB2CA87EC-6E3D-466E-8607-802353DCBD05.jpeg

432 Replies
nickname1234
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
can you undo the update?
0 Likes
felisrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi are you also facing the same issue after installing Android 10 in S9? My screen gets green and sometimes is almost impossible to see the screen. I saw in the foruns that it is a general issue related to software incompability for all Galaxy family. Do we have any update from Samsung? I live in Brazil but bought my S9 in US last year.

Thanks
Rafael
SamsungJoJo
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Thanks for reaching out. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. As your product is a non-US model and the support for these models is very limited, please seek a support team for your area. You can do so by using this link: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

0 Likes
felisrf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
Hi thanks for replying but even if I bought it in US it is classified as non-US? Anyway. Do you know the solution of this issue or at least do you know what is the estimated time to Samsung provide it ? does not make sense having some of the top galaxy if after 1 year the device gets unusable.
0 Likes
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Service for U.S. devices is not available outside of the U.S. Please send a private message with the model code and IMEI number and I will look into your options. http://bit.ly/2XERsky

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userZXA9Qov6kN
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

That's right Samsung will not service the phone if you are not in the country where you bought. They wanted me to ship the phone from Australia to US to get it serviced even outside warranty. Samsung Australia denied even looking at it,  as if I took IPhone to their service, worst service centers. I came out and replaced screen at a local multi brand service next door. BTW the only way out of discoloration is screen replacement. No matter how well you looked after your phone you have to "spend" Huge amount of money for screen replacement. 

It's really annoying to think that if you are buying a Samsung phone you are not expected to go out of the country. 

0 Likes
userCvKI7jDgVK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Just to save you people time.

Note 9 has been flashed to the older version. Way back when the security patch were released. Stock firmware restored.

Going through this pain for months. The issue is related to the light sensor, the screen is perfectly fine. Samsung has just played a very bad role for the stupid staff to cater for Note 9 specifically.

I paid 1250 USD for this device. I just regret i was a die hard fan for samsung. I now understand the point of view of apple. This will be my last samsung device. This is for Samsung in general and Samsung UAE specifically.

I work in the same domain, so it is 100 percent a software glitch which samsung has been hiding and not responding for months.

Shame on you Samsung.

I am still using Note 9, a work around which has fixed the issue temporarily not trying to use the light sensor waking up the screen.

I just really wish i can spread the message as far as i can. So that this message reaches to the top management to understand the future of samsung and specially this note series.

A premuim device for a premium price. Spare yourself of the trouble and never buy from samsung, not worth the money.

Lol the funny part is, i did not care about the money but seriously not replying to a single email to the local store and samsung members. 

userNsitEJDAfH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

I have been Samsung note user since Note 2. I upgraded to a new note every year. That's how much I love the Note series. But this Note 9 issue is putting an end to this. Samsung needs to respond to this screen discoloring issue!!! So many people got this issue. If you just ignore the issue, Note 9 is going to be the last phone many people have!!!

Erinias
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones
that's correct!! I've already thinking of changing to another provider. I can't see anything of my phone when I'm outside.
userNsitEJDAfH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Note Phones

Yeah this is going to be my last Samsung phone. I called Samsung many times. I did everything they told me. They said it was a hardware issue and they told me to go to Ubeak Ifix to get my screen replaced. Fortunately, the guy at the store told this is actually software issue, not screen or hardward issue. Replacing the screen won't fix it. How outrageous!!! Seriously I won't give money to a business that is not accoutable for their issues. Bye Samsung!!!