Original topic:

AOD Issues

(Topic created: Saturday)
SourGirl33
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello.  If Samsung is listening, please fix the AOD that was destroyed back in late March in conjunction with the 6.1 UI update with the AI features not all of us even wanted.  So many basic AOD features long-time Galaxy owners have come to know disappeared.  That Good Lock/Lockstar app garbage workaround is not acceptable.  It was perfect as it was.  Looking at the Google Play store for the app, it appears there are many unhappy Galaxy owners.  If any progress has already been made on this, please update.  Thank you.

17 Replies
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well, I haven't found out how to get my lost battery power back and haven't seen that in "lockstar" yet. They always do this **bleep**, one step forward 2 steps back. Haven't found out how to change custom Pic in the little cutout in samsungs case yet. Hopefully, i do. I don't know about others. I buy a phone because I like the features, big and small. However, I don't like relearning to use my phones every time they want to scramble the software. I haven't found a new feature in 6.1 that I couldn't do without. Unless there's security scraps in the unholy mix of 1 's and 0's
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You mean the battery percentage? It's still there on AOD even without Lockstar
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
No Ryan891 I mean actual battery power. Phone used to last ALL day plus 8hrs the next day after 6.1 i bearly get 24hrs and I have to turn bluetooh off to get that. If you read this samsung plz give me back my 8r with blutooth on.
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I'm not happy with the setting in lockstar. At the atm Now my screen doesn't timeout and stays on. Yay, samsung, always finding out ways to brighten your day at the expense of battery power, it's not like 6.1 update didn't take away enough battery power. phone uses more power after 6.1 and now prob more with clock and fingerprint that won't turn off. Why can't you leave well enough alone? Everything worked great now it's laughable at best, really?
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Lockstar shouldn't have any effect on your screen timeout settings. I've been using it for a long time. Which setting specifically are you referring to?
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I change the brightness and can see the clock and fingerprint scanner icon now, but that screen will not time out and go dark like it used too.
0 Likes
Ryan891
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The AOD won't turn off? Or the main screen? Changing the Lockstar brightness won't affect either of these unless you changed something else also
0 Likes
userozP4IOY6ws
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nope, i changed nothing else, i just changed the brightness. A slider with 3 options of brightness. Now I always see a clock and fingerprint scanner, I tap it, it goes to lockscreen aod then I can tap that then see old aod screen for about a half secong then goes to home screen. So samsung, plz code in removal of old settings when you decide to make us use what really does look like an app created by an entry winner of a 4th grade contest winner, this isn't the first time Sammy has dropped the ball by any means. And is unacceptable by a multi million dare I say billion $$$. company. I do remember the day phone comp and makers actually listened to customer but that was about 2 decades ago. Either they fix it or they don't but it the last samsung I buy. Lol even my samsung fridge had to be replaced after 6mo. Hmm food for thought. Anyway in done, to many issues here at Sammy, if it isn't one thing it's another. There are more companies out there, flagship isn't associated with samsung anymore in my book. But Ryan891 I do tank you for trying and you have shown more enthusiasm in trying for a solution that this phone maker.