Original topic:

Faster way to scroll to top of page?

(Topic created: 03-03-2022 05:19 AM)
Veestagg112
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Is there a fast method to scroll to the top of a page without having to continuously swipe down? This is my first Samsung. I previously switched from years of iPhones. All you would do is hold the top of a page and it would automatically bring you to the top.

7 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What app are you using when you want to scroll to the top of a page?

Solution
MrZell
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Scroll down to the End of a page, after that begin to scroll up again. Do you see an icon that pops up once you have started scrolling up?

This icon should allow you to bring your "page results" back to the top of the page.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userdHb53BCQFB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

There is no icon that pops up when you start to scroll back to the top.  I am in Google News. Scroll down for 5 minutes to see the different stories. then I want a simple way, just like Apple has, to jump immediately to the top of the page. That is what all these people are asking you for. Like me, they all wonder why Apple has had this productivity enhancing feature, for over 10 years...and Samsung seems to be only offering strange new features such as notification icons on my home screen that are so small they look like little dots..and I can't tell a phone notification from a text notification. And then, amazingly I have to get the phone to activate, then pull down from the top of the screen to see these notifications, and then use a tiny little button to clear them, or try to click on them for them to open. What a waste of my time. Give me a big notification the size of regular icons so I can one click to the item. Why over complicate things and make the phone hard to use.

Anyway, we are asking for you to develop and make automatically available the action of double touch the top of the screen and voila the page goes to the very top instantly.  That is what these people miss from Apple (and they will consider this when they look at their next phone purchase).  Thanks.

0 Likes
userdHb53BCQFB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones

google news. any web page.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userdHb53BCQFB "any web page"

In Samsung Internet, click the 3 line menu in bottom right. Click on "Settings". Click on "Webpage view and scrolling". Enable the option "Show Go to top button".

If you use a different browser you will need to look for a similar option there. If that browser doesn't have it, you will need to contact that browser's development team. 

0 Likes
Veestagg112
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Google, brave, Google news etc...

0 Likes
1Peter2_2ESV
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Try the tap scroll app from play store