JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Encrypted SD data Corrupted After Phone Update

(Topic created: 09-23-2022 04:31 PM)
userLEQlkiGCvC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

After the latest system update on my S20, none of the files are not readable on my encrypted SD card. It is odd since the File structure is still accessible (perhaps wasn't encrypted) but the actual files cannot be opened. Any insight into issue? Would rolling back the update (if even possible) allow me to recover the files? Actually, almost all are backed up but photos from a concert had not been backed up yet. In any event, this is an annoying inconvenience.

chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Mine shows the August 1 security patch, and reflects a 'last update date' of August 26th, which was the last time I could access the card.
0 Likes
userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Has anyone submitted a bug report on the Samsung Members app? That might be the best way to get someone's attention.

0 Likes
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Not me - I honestly wasn't aware of the possibility.
0 Likes
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I just submitted an error report. Will post when I hear back. Thanks for the suggestion.
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Bug report wasn't helpful. I've already performed the recommended steps - multiple times actually.
userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hmm, did you make it clear that the encryption feature is entirely broken, not just that your SD card is corrupted? IDK about you, but I'm unable to encrypt new SD cards too.
0 Likes
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Yes, I'm encountering the exact same issue. Here's what I sent, along with the reply from support.Screenshot_20220924_231716_1000000091_1664075836.jpg
userHNAwZOfU8Y
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Well it sounds like they want to investigate further. Hopefully they'll figure it out with additional reports/logs.
0 Likes
ChessM
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Adding to my earlier report -  I too have the stuck "Checking SD Card"

Currently using a new SD card not encrypted with the hopes that next month's security update will fix the issue without resorting to a factory reset.

0 Likes
chade617
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Nobody with the September update yet?
0 Likes