JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HELP! S9 Phone freezing and won't turn on

(Topic created: 02-19-2019 08:46 AM)
usero7thUFySjW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just purchased a Samsung s9 about two weeks ago, directly from Samsung.

It was running fine, transferred everything from my s7, all apps/texts/pictures, etc.  I was very happy.

Two days later, I woke up, and the phone had black screened.  It would not turn on.  I had to do a soft reset (power button + volume down).  I figured it was a fluke, and thought nothing of it.  Next night, same thing.  So I started looking up possible complications.  I did several different things, even deleted cache, deleted lots of apps that were supposedly "crashing" the phone. 

I even turned off the "auto optimization", and everything started working, I thought everything was solved.  

Couple of days later, I wake up and the phone would not turn on.  That's when I realized that when I went to sleep, and I had the phone connected to the charger, it would freeze up, and would not turn on the next morning.  The following night, I did not connect it to charge, and it didn't freeze up when I woke up.

Any idea or fix to something like this?  I like to charge my phone while I sleep.   Also, this doesn't happen during the day, as I sometimes have it charging in my car, or at work.  

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
usero7thUFySjW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I just wanted to follow up and let everyone know that I finally got a solution to my phone issue.

I literaly tried everything to fix this issue (I'm pretty stubborn and did not want to return a brand new phone lol).  I deleted all apps, cleared cache, safe modes, etc.

FINALLY, I was going to do the last restort (factory reset) and I did one final Google search, and someone suggested removing the SD card.  Last night, SD card was removed, phone was plugged in and charging, and I woke up this morning with NO issues!!  Seems like I got a bad SD card.  

View solution in context

7 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hey, try leaving the device in safe mode when you charge overnight and see if the issue persists.

0 Likes
usero7thUFySjW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for your response!  I will try that tonight. 

0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

You're welcome. Please keep us posted.

0 Likes
usero7thUFySjW
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones