JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Not able to use any ringtones with sound picker

(Topic created: 03-06-2019 08:09 AM)
luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

This app is the biggest piece of junk ever forced onto my phone my phone updated to it February 21st.  I can no longer use any ringtones cant find a folder to even add ringtones the only ringtones/sounds available are the default junk.  I see from many other posts many people are having the same issue.  Cant delete it. Samsung please update and delete this app everyone hates it or tell us how to fix it.  So far every answer given has helped no one.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S9 model number SM-G965U

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go to settings, apps, click on the three dots in the top right corner, and select system apps, click on the sound picker app, clear the cache and data from storage, and then click on set as default and clear defaults.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

10 Replies
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you place the device in safe mode, will it allow you to delete this app?

0 Likes
luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
no it will not
0 Likes
SamsungKim1
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Just to double check, have you updated your device recently?

0 Likes
luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
As I said in my original post the device was updated February 21st when all of this started. And updated again on Monday August 4th
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@luna340 are you referring to then stock sound selector, or is this a 3rd party app? 

luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
it is something from samsung its called sound picker and was automatically put on my phone with the samsung update on February 21st
0 Likes
luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

so I am guessing no one can help with this problem?

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

If you go to settings, apps, click on the three dots in the top right corner, and select system apps, click on the sound picker app, clear the cache and data from storage, and then click on set as default and clear defaults.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

luna340
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thank you very much this finally worked