JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Galaxy s20 ultra wireless charging.

(Topic created: 10-23-2020 10:38 AM)
user0ebOig2Oyq
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

So I have a galaxy S20 ultra and having a problem with it charging wireless in my wireless car charger. At first I thought the charger might be defective or uncompatible with the phone. The charger works fine with my wife's S20+ but not the ultra. Also it works fine when I use both my wireless charger at home. The problem is it would charge then pause then charge then pause every 2 second. I tried turning fast wireless charging off and it still didn't change anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

127 Replies
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@SamsungRyder wrote:

Have you been able to try any of the previously mentioned troubleshooting steps in the thread?

Trouble shooting won't fix this....this is broken from Samsung's end.

Too many people with the exact same issue from the exact same update and it's also cross device . Both Note and Galaxy series.

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Problem-with-Galaxy-s20-ultra-wireless-charging/m-p/1...

https://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-note-20-ultra/help/fast-wireless-charging-issue-t4168051/pag...

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S20/Wireless-Charging-Stopped-After-Update/td-p/1463192

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Note20/fast-wireless-charging-problems/m-p/1467042#M8603

userYJ93t38YZU
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

No amount of troubleshooting by your customers will work. Samsung caused the issue with the last software update. As can be seen in numerous forums there are a lot of people who can no longer use wireless charging after the update. These were very expensive phones and this should not be happening. This needs to be fixed by Samsung very soon. It's already been way too long. 

usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userYJ93t38YZU wrote:

No amount of troubleshooting by your customers will work. Samsung caused the issue with the last software update. As can be seen in numerous forums there are a lot of people who can no longer use wireless charging after the update. These were very expensive phones and this should not be happening. This needs to be fixed by Samsung very soon. It's already been way too long. 

Agreed, extremely average and embarrassing èffort by Samsung.

I've sent through 3 error reports. I got a response that I need to hard reset my phone.

This is what it has come to after mountains of evidence of Samsung's failure through many threads and forums.

SCA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Just received another update to OS. The wireless charging issue still exist.
0 Likes
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

0 Likes
SCA
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Ofcourse, multiple times. It was caused by software update. Samsung needs to figure and fix the patch received early October. None of the troubleshooting steps work for this issue. As you can see in the thread its not just me, there's a wide range of S20 users impacted.
0 Likes
lxRavenxl
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@MrQue wrote:

Have you tried these troubleshooting steps here?

So it's clear that Fast Wireless charging will only work on Samsung Pads. Birilliant.
My iPhone 11 fast charges just fine on a third party fast wireless charge pad. Samsung S20+ will charge at normal non fast speed on the same charger.  I dont think Samsung will unlock this due to their own safety reasons for battery usage or what ever,  or it's simply a money making scheme to buy official Samsung pad.  Stop troubleshooting Fast charging.

0 Likes
user2Yno8V6MQS
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I was having all the same trouble with my s20 as described here. cycling between fast charging. was not working with my phone case. this being on (2) 10w Qi certified chargers from Ubiolabs that I already owned. However, surprisingly now that I I just purchased a Samsung wireless charger model ep-n5200 for about twice the cost. Everything works perfectly. works with my phone case, fast charging works, etc, come on Samsung really.
usert8NLcck6eo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Even more reason as to why I'll be leaving Samsung.

Mine also works with the Samsung wireless charger, it was also working with my certified iottie wireless charger untill the october update.

So intentionally they are locking out generic branded certified wireless chargers forcing you to purchase their branded chargers.

Despicable.

0 Likes
SamsungGreenDragon
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My Note 20 Ultra also has had the pause, drop to slow, pause, switch to fast.. every 5 seconds problem All since an update. 

Oct update did not fix, but to add to this post... 

it will fast charge with no pause or switching if I use the (Wireless Battery Pack 10,000mAh with Qi Wireless) Portable charger I bought from Samsung when I purchased the phone.  The 12w I was using on the Note 9 and then the Note 20 Ultra worked flawlessly until the Sept Update (or when I noticed it ).   Looks like Samsung is taking a page out of Apple Playbook on restricting non-samsung branded chargers.. at least the Qi variety.

0 Likes