JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Quick access menu missing Screen rotate

(Topic created: 07-31-2020 12:43 PM)
userJwSBnEdLh1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

after updating my Galaxy S9, my quick access menu no longer has the Screen Rotate icon.  Is has been replaced with a "medium power saver " icon.  The only way to lock my screen rotate now is to go to Settings-display-home screen-rotate to landscape mode slider.

System Update History
Software updated to G960USQU7ETG2
July 30, 2020 at 5:28 PM

9 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Look for an icon in the quick access menu that says "Auto rotate" or  "Portrait". If it says "Portrait" clicking on it will change it to "Auto rotate". 

If you have it set to "Portrait" and you are in an app and rotate the phone, there will be tiny icon that appears in one corner which looks like a phone screen. Clicking on this will rotate the display. This little icon disappears after a few seconds. 

userJwSBnEdLh1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

thx for the reply..thats the problem. After the update that icon is nowhere to be found. It was replaced with a "medium power saver" icon.

0 Likes
Solution
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

First pull down the quick access menu and try swiping left. The icon could be on the second page. 

If you don't find it there, with the quick access menu open, click the 3 dot menu and select Button order. You can then swipe the top row of icons until you find it. Then you can drag and drop it down into the quick access menu and click Done. 

userJwSBnEdLh1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you! Button order was where I found the missing icon! 

0 Likes
LongHiker
Options
Galaxy S Phones

@userJwSBnEdLh1 wrote:

Thank you! Button order was where I found the missing icon! 

That's great! 

0 Likes
vtfelder
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Whew thx! This was driving me nuts!

0 Likes
Marieplayzzall2UnU
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S Phones