JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S20 fe 5g flickering when light hits the view finder

(Topic created: 04-11-2021 02:17 PM)
usernwoofeoWZ6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

My screen flickers and goes blank when sunlight hits the view finder on the phone. In the house or shade it doesn't do that. I can even use a flash light and point it at the view finder and it flickers and the screen goes blank.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userNf9aF1CnJw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same exact problem here 😕

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Does this happen if you turn off adaptive brightness in your settings?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userIiAUnb7XWH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Turning off adaptive brightness fixes the sunlight problem, but the screen will sometimes go black after waking the phone or exiting applications.
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Thank you for that information. If you turn off adaptive brightness then test your phone in safe mode, do you still experience these same symptoms?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userFC7605dsCK
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I've turned off mine, still same symptoms
user3L2mAf5WO3
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same here. You can reproduce the issue in a dark room and shining a bright flash light on the screen. 

userEk1yOKHNq1
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Same issue here.  Just got the phone a month ago.  Software update was just done on Monday night.  Tuesday starting happening.  Called AT&T and they said I need to get in touch with Samsung as the have done everything to try to resolve it.  Ugghh...Help!

Bmwalter8
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When is going to get fixed, it's really distracting when I'm trying to drive and use the GPS
userefdVYUyUr4
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I am having the same problem since the update the other day. I've had this phone only a month. 😡
0 Likes
Samsung_7xybjmj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

I also noticed the finger print reader doesn't work when it's doing this.

0 Likes