JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suggestions, Feedback, and Leaks for the Galaxy S25 Ultra

(Topic created: 01-30-2024 05:11 AM)
MatthewReiter
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Hello, I have suggestions for 2025's Galaxy S25 Ultra, as the S24 Series came out, it's time to talk about the next generation of S Ultra. My suggestions are........

1. New camera design, no more "P" Shape.

2. Make the launch devices stable, barely to no issues.

3. New design language.

4. Make the S25 Ultra the best phone in the mid-2020s

Galaxy S25 Series will launch 15 years after the first Galaxy S, I hope they turn into the new Galaxy S10

JUMP TO SOLUTION
149 Replies
jdrch
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

> now with micro SD express there's just no excuse, the performance has much improved even for 4K or 8K video recording.

This exactly.

Technotoad
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Could not have said it better myself. 

My main contemplation about switching out of Samsung is the lack of transferable, expandable, and inexpensive storage along with the headphone jack. Theres plenty of space for the headphone jack as it's smaller than the s pen. The additional options are why I get Androids and Samsung has been lacking in those options and features as they follow the "Apple" model. 

BraziliaNUTz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
You don't make sense. You are actually still using a Note 9 that no longer receives security updates and is stuck on Android 10 strictly because of storage? That phone is a dinosaur, my friend!

Someone who truly appreciates Android for its customization and other features would never buy an iPhone. I finally traded in my Note 20 Ultra 512 GB for the S24 Ultra 512 GB for just $299. I never used more than 400 GB in total on both the phone and SD card. There is no reason to use 2.5 TB on a phone with old camera hardware. The only reason for large capacity is heavy camera use. Most new apps require higher read/write speeds than the old SD cards can facilitate. I realized that the battery needed replacement and was soon losing support was inevitable.

The S24 is as close to a perfect phone as you can get. I use an external USB-C drive to transfer my videos when needed. The issue and reason microSD cards were removed were because of speed and heat issues. I loved the ability to use a microSD card with my Note 20, but it was antiquated when it came to speed. The new Express cards are four to six times faster and have addressed the thermal issues.

Let's use some common sense when discussing these matters. Otherwise, we lose credibility among the Apple fanboys. Don't forget, we are the superior race!
jdrch
Halo
Options
Galaxy S Phones

> You are actually still using a Note 9 that no longer receives security updates and is stuck on Android 10 strictly because of storage?

Yes, storage is more important to me than Android version.

> That phone is a dinosaur, my friend!

My phone performs pretty well, especially since I use Galaxy Boost weekly to recompile all the apps using profile guided optimization.

> I never used more than 400 GB in total on both the phone and SD card. 

You are not everybody.

> There is no reason to use 2.5 TB on a phone with old camera hardware.

This post is about the S25 and S25U, not the Note9. Actually if Samsung shipped the S25U with 2 TB onboard storage and expandable storage, one could conceivably shoot, edit, AI enhance, and publish an entire movie locally on the S25U.

> Most new apps require higher read/write speeds than the old SD cards can facilitate

Which is why my post advocates using the newer, faster SD Express on upcoming devices.

> I realized that the battery needed replacement 

I've replaced my Note9's battery twice, which has cost me less than 200 USD total. Considering I spent about 1400 USD in 2018 on the phone and accessories specific to it, I'd consider that worthwhile.

> I use an external USB-C drive to transfer my videos when needed

I'm glad that works for you. I'd find that extremely inconvenient.

> The issue and reason microSD cards were removed were because of speed and heat issues

As someone with a 512 GB microSD card in my Note9 that is full of video and music, I can tell you 100% for sure that this reason is false. SD cards in Galaxy phones don't wear out any faster or fail more often than SD cards in other devices. As a matter of fact, the 400 GB microSD card I had in there before outlasted the microSD card I had in 1 of my Raspberry Pis.

> it was antiquated when it came to speed

Again, see above reference to SD Express.

> Let's use some common sense when discussing these matters.

I suggest you read what I wrote before replying. I suggested using SD Express, which solves the SD card speed limitation, which is the only issue with SD cards.

kjsin1994
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

One of the reasons I've been with my S10 for so long. Nothing the new devices have are enticing enough for me to change.

My 512 GB microSD is great, can't do that on newer flagship. On the A series (and many others) they retain the SD slot. I have plenty of cloud storage and I want to keep a large amount of local storage.

Samsung has been disappointing to me because of this, and I have no interest in them as my next phone. If they bring back the SD card slot that would instantly change my opinion.

Also put the volume buttons back on the left. I can't stand using a phone and they are all on the same side.

MishoPruidze
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Listen to this guy, Samsung R&D. I'm holding onto my Galaxy A50 after 5 years of (ab)use and desperately need to upgrade, due to the S series lacking the expandable memory slot and my need to upgrade from midrange performance, I'm actively considering other brands and will most likely switch in the nearest future. I'll be back if you return the microSD card slot though. Peace.

SalisV
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

What do you guys think the biggest changes will be with the s25 series ? 

0 Likes
al10104
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy S Phones
Hopefully make a much better phone than the s24 series!
SaneiPlushie
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I kinda hope they bring back the regular 19:9 from the S10 series
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I really prefer the older one then I do this new aod. I mean sure this new aod has some nice features but I still prefer the older one for one this new aod isn't bright enough.

Ultimately an even better option would be to give us an option to choose between the classic aod and the new aod with a slider then we could enjoy the best of both.