JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to find how to change notifications sound

(Topic created: 08-08-2021 09:50 PM)
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

my Phone settings for notifications is set on factory's sound and now I can't find a option anywhere to change it and it driving me crazy I have a bunch of ringtones please help

17 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
If you go into individual apps you can set ringtones there, Settings, apps pick an app, notifications, below show notifications there will be a list of different notifications choose one, click on left side, scroll down to sound, pick from the pop-up up list
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I have tried but since I messed up and put main settings app on device it doesn't even show my download sounds. I am so mad. I had to put notifications on silent cus the song was literally driving me crazy I almost threw my Phone
0 Likes
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
thank you though very much for trying to help me. I just saw an old post from you I think and download the guide
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
The other way for general notification sound is as follows
Open settings
Click on magnify glass
Click on Sounds and vibration
Scroll down to notification sound
It will say what the current tone is
Click there
List will pop-up
Pick a tone
If you have a ringtone app, you will get a choice of using SecSound picker or a ringtone app, I have Zedge. That's another thread
Pick a tone, that will be the tone for all notifications.
I prefer different tones for different apps
0 Likes
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I tried the magnifying thing you said it didn't work either. I got to find out how to remove the settings app and add it again that is the only way I can figure it will work. I will never be in a hurry again and put device for any settings
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
What do you mean settings app?
0 Likes
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
the settings for the phone. when I went into sound and vibration it had option of the app I used to get them or device. I was in a hurry and aggravated so I pushed device and it completely removed the option of the app
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S Phones
When you download tones, they don't automatically go into notification folder, you need to copy those tones and paste them into notification folder.
You should still be able to get to sounds and vibration from pulling down the notification shade, swipe down from top of phone, click on the gear icon top right corner, sounds and vibration will be right below connections, click on that, notifications will be right below ringtone, click on it and pick a tone. The ringtones you downloaded will not be there because when you download tones they automatically go into ringtone folder
sugarbritches1
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones
I will try this in the morning and thank you so much for helping. but I have been at this for 2 hours and now have headache so I going to try to lay down. but I will let you know tomorrow if it works. I truly ty for trying to help