JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 01-14-2021 06:29 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

416 Replies
Joe1blue
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

No SD card support, I will not buy this device.

Stephanie Nikki
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy S21

So I watched the Samsung Unpacked (s21 series) event this morning hoping to see some great things. But boy was I let down 100%!! The design of the s20/s21+ look nice with the wrap around camera but the s21 ultra looks again like a stove top like the s20 ultra, Note 20 and Note 20 ultra. It's just so big and ugly! And then the disappointments just kept coming, saying that the smaller s21 will have a plastic back but the other 2 versions will have glass backs. The color choices are still limited to the device you choose which I HATE!! Why can't you make available all the colors for each device? I'm a woman who likes big phones and I would appreciate having a BIG PINK PHONE!! And just because I'm a woman (with small arthritic hands) doesn't automatically mean I want a small phone. 

As the presenters kept talking they just talked about the collaborations they're going with. So now Google and Samsung are basically one in the same and it shows with the decisions Samsung made with the s21 devices. Like making Google Messages the default messaging app. Which to me means that Samsung apps are going to be pushed to the back burner. And don't get me wrong Google is pretty good at what it/they do. But if I wanted a Google phone I'd buy a Pixel. I guess it makes sense though because Samsung is becoming the new iPhone. NO headphone jack, NO charger, NO headphones AAAANNNNNDDDD NOW NO SD CARD SLOT. 

Samsung, you're literally taking away everything that is the Android experience which is being different/a stand out and customizing. Why would you make decisions to downgrade features and to force limitations?!!!! We buy Samsung/Android devices because we're able to show off our style through our phones...that we pay premium prices for. 

My thoughts may be a bit scattered and all over the place. But the bottom line is that I was highly disappointed with what I watched today. And like many of the recents posts I'm thinking of leaving Samsung because I can't support a company that clearly doesn't care about their customers. Which wasn't as evident in the beginning but it's blatantly obvious now. 

Thanks to anyone that reads this whole thing. I know that no one from Samsung cares about our opinions/feedback/experiences/insights. But maybe someone in the community will appreciate my thoughts. And/or offer their own thoughts, I enjoy talking to ppl who share a common ground. That being Samsung messed up with the s21 series. Omg and the Android 11 update, don't get me started on that whole thing...another disappointment. 
Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I totally agree with you. So far the only thing I was happy to see in the event is the Buds Pro.

Gallery's cloud sync is now Microsoft OnDrive and dropping support for Samsung Cloud Drive. Got the notifications on my phone now to switch.

Samsung Pay dropping MST and Samsung Rewards. Havent seen much banks being added either. Might as well make Google Pay the default too.

They also dropped the specs on the S21 and S21+. 1080p max resolution. Less RAM. The S10e and S20 FE was their "cheap" option...I wonder how much more they can drop on a S21e/FE version.

Im not a Note guy but hopefully they learn by the Note 21 comes out...doubt it though sadly.

Echo808
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

(weird...my original comment didnt go thru or got deleted).

Yeah I was disappointed too. Only thing I liked in the event was the Buds Pro.

Samsung been dropping a lot lately...
- No SD card support. Cause supposedly a lot of people dont use it. S6 all over again.
- No included charger. Cause Apple.
- Dropping the specs on S21 and S21+. They turned these two into e/FE versions. i cant imagine what the S21e/FE specs will be.
- Making Google Messages default app. Not sure why though.
- Making Gallery's cloud sync Microsoft OneDrive and dropping Samsung Cloud Drive support for it. I dont even think they give you extra OneDrive space...just made it the new cloud storage.
- Discontinuing Samsung Rewards along with dropping MST support. Is there any reason to use Samsung Pay over Google Pay. Samsung Pay list of banks is sad (One of my banks is not on the list) and they hardly add more.

One can only hope the Note 21 or S22 will be better. Was looking to upgrade my S20 Ultra since they havent fixed this focus issue but the S21 really is a downgrade for me.

userO8O3sV5pfb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

samsung is making the same mistake that apple made. i left apple because of no sd card and way too many attempts to make you use cloud. it is no longer worth it for me i got over the fold 2 hype got one but pointless on long term price is not worth no sd card. samsung care plus is even more confusing need to call them because they charging a device a sent back through trade in program. they starting to become rip off just like apple you cannot identify which device has a samsung care plus unless you call your account does not list the device under the subscription....

userU4moLSXqTw
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm disappointed, also. I've been waiting to upgrade to the s21, but with no SD card, I'm starting to consider switching to Apple. I've had Samsung phones for years, and I've put up with less than stellar portrait photos while iphones take great portraits. Being able to customize my storage has been the deal breaker. Now Samsung takes great portrait photos, but I have to pay for storage. I have a Mac and an ipad, but I've held continued to keep Samsung as my go-to phone. Thanks, Samsung, for putting the last nail in the coffin. RIP 

Capo
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

The upcoming s21 series of phones are disappointing. I will never understand the decision to mock Apple then copy what they do with the headphone jack first and now the included charger. Not to mention the removal of the SD card slot basically forcing you to either pay for cloud storage or pay for a higher memory variant of the phone which is also a very Apple move. It honestly feels like Samsung <edit> is strictly out for a profit 

Options
Galaxy S21

It seems a trend in industry. Out of ideas for both innovation and cost reductions. Much easier to copy whatever others do. Apple claims innovation whatever have been already on the market (mostly through Samsung) and Samsung learn somehow to increase their revenue through Apple' tricks

OMEN20
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21

This so wrong.. People will switch to other companies.. I hope they are not gonna kill the microSD slot for the NOTE