JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

[OFFICIAL] Samsung GalaxyS21 MEGA-THREAD

(Topic created: 02-25-2021 03:46 PM)
Samsung Dusty
Samsung Employee
Options
Galaxy S21

The all new Galaxy S21 family has arrived and we couldn't be more excited about our new flagship devices!

This is the *official* Galaxy S21 family reaction thread. What features do you like the most? Got any sneaky tips or tricks that might help out other users? Just want rave about the new device?

Drop all of your comments, reactions and speculations below! 

Screen Shot 2021-02-25 at 6.29.02 PM.png

Some quick highlights...

Galaxy S21/S21+

• New, vibrant colors
  • 12MP Rear Ultra-Wide Pro Camera System
  • 8GB RAM
  • Advanced chipset
  • Super fast 120Hz refresh rate
  • Up to 256 GB of internal storage
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy S21 Ultra

• Upgraded Quad Camera System
  • 108MP Camera Sensor
  • Bold new design
  • 5,000 mAh Battery Capacity
  • 6.8" Quad HD+ screen w/Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity O-Display
  • 12GB RAM
  • Available for purchase NOW!

Galaxy-S21-S21-plus_Infographic_main-768x1313.jpgGalaxy-S21-Ultra-Infographic_main-768x1313.jpg

More information: Galaxy S21/S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra

-Samsung Team

JUMP TO SOLUTION
416 Replies
franciscolopezus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

How to get the UK version?

0 Likes
usersmjiusqE9a
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

the s20 is the last phone i get because no MST and aolot of stores still use the swipe method for credit card and no micro sd card support i..  you cant advertise camera all the time and have not storage fo it

usermMMC6ZQLx4
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

MST is an ingeneous feature which was under-advertised. Samsung basically was wasting away its competitive edge. Now no microSD support...more reason to go to the competitor...

Mtiede
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21

What?  No MST either.  Another nail in the coffin..

Samsung_t12CchH
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Yes. I don't know why Samsung is so scared and desperate that they are ruining their brand and product line to copy Apple's iPhone. I will not buy a phone without micro SD capability. I am looking into LG and other brands. 

userSLLxz7x5VW
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Agreed 100%. I've had every Galaxy model from the start, except an S6 because of the same reason. S21? Hard pass. Here's to hoping the next model brings it back.

usercW2ySbkixT
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I definitely won't upgrade...losing the ability to have an sd card slot is a no go...I store everything on my card and I'm in areas where I sometimes don't have access to 5g or wifi...so I don't wanna have to depend on a cloud service... I'll ride this phone s20 Ultra till the brakes fall off and eventually if samsung doesn't bring the sd card back I'll have to switch to a phone that does.

Aznkid770
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm a admen s series buyer every year. and now a z series user
me and my whole family.
charger OK and wires OK.
but SD card and MST. come on those 2 options comes in handy so much.
If yall want to make a cheaper phone then ok take it away from the s21 and s21 plus. but the ultra or the z fold we love media and space and power so don't take the SD card and MST away from the ultra and z fold flagship.
I'm will to pay 2k for the fold that means we don't Care. same with the s10 ceramic edition I got 1800 dollar phone. and then the 1500 s20 ultra. now the 2k z fold 2. that's not including all the phone I got previously and my whole family is now using Samsung because of me. please bring those 2 things back. for the ultra and the z fold line
0 Likes
NovemberDelta
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I upgrade EVERY year literally since the s4...   love doing it and save up the money just so I can do it 🙂

I WILL NOT upgrade because of the removal of the SD card... my s20 ULTRA will go until I have to upgrade. Maybe they'll bring it back someday until then, I'm crushed and hope the s22 comes with a SD slot 

Oh yea and good lock was down for like 6 months of the year so ill stay a step behind from now until they bring or I go to a new platform... did I hear apple might do an SD slot??? Haha bring it back samsung let's not trip...
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

@NovemberDelta 

If you truly must carry a lot of data with you at all times, I can respect that, but personally, I looked at my SD card and realized it had over 100Gb or pictures and videos that were already backed up to Google Photos and my PC. For me, it was more of a digital hoarding issue. I don't have an S21 yet (I ordered a 128GB version BTW), but I went ahead and removed the SD card from my Note, deleted apps and games that I never use (never even opened many of them), and it left me with 68GB of free space (The Note is a 128GB model too) for photos and videos. These photos and videos will automatically back up to cloud, and I'll just need to back them up once in a while onto my PC. Really doesn't look like a very big deal so far.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to continue to use an SD card, and if they do bring it back, I'd be as happy as everyone else. I just always look at ways to adapt to changes in technology rather than demand manufacturers stick to what I'm used to. Right now the trend is to remove as many extras as they can. No headphone jacks, no SD cards, no chargers or earphones in the box. We have to be ready for USB-C ports to go next, the phone is already telling me to transfer data wirelessly every time I connect it to my PC with a cable, and this is exactly why they're removing the charger from the box. Then a SIM card will finally be replaced with eSIM, and we will have phones with no ports and no removable trays. It's happening. Some manufacturers are already making devices with no ports or buttons of any kind.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"