JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Rapidly draining battery after the newest update

(Topic created: 03-16-2021 09:44 AM)
user6PYh3mn2KN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had my s21plus 5g for almost 2 weeks and loved the amazing battery life but yesterday I received the newest software update and ever since I installed it my battery which usually last me a whole day (sometimes more) is now lasting half the day if I'm lucky! I went through all my apps and put the majority in sleep or deep sleep mode. I also optimized my settings and everything else I could possibly think of and still no such luck. 😔

0 Likes
8 Replies
Solution
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
If you haven't already, boot into Maintenance mode, select to clear the Cache Partition, then boot back into phone.

Might also visit
Settings
Battery and Device Care
... and optimize ... maybe browse around in there to see if Device Care is reporting anything
user6PYh3mn2KN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I did all that and it found no issues
0 Likes
user6PYh3mn2KN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I cleared the cache partition and my battery is now back to normal. Thank you so much for helping!!!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
No prob.

It's a good idea to clear the Cache Partition every now and then ... I do it once a week.

Yea, you can configure the phone to reboot every so often automagically, which is a good idea, but it doesn't clear the Cache Partition, which is why I manually restart the phone.
0 Likes
user6PYh3mn2KN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I always restart my phone at least once a week but never knew about clearing the cache partition. I definitely continue doing that. Thanks again!
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Yea, when a phone is acting up, this is a good first step to [maybe] clear it up.
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
In case "maintenance mode" is not apparent:

Power off the phone
Press and hold the Volume Up button
Press and hold the Power button, holding both buttons
Eventually the Maintenance screen will display (text mode console)
Release the keys
Use Volume Down to highlight the clear the Cache Partition entry
Use Power button to select
Answer Yes
... cache will be cleared and menu displayed
Reboot phone
user6PYh3mn2KN
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I will try this thank you
0 Likes