JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Battery Life Draining Quickly

(Topic created: 02-02-2021 07:58 AM)
Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I've had my Galaxy S21 for 2 days, and the battery life is absolutely terrible. It barely makes it 8hrs, and for most of that time, I'm at work and not even using it. I lost 30% of battery life listening to 3 songs. I understand it learning etc but this is ridiculous. Every other Galaxy I've ever had has had great battery life, right out of the box. Is it defective? 

Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
So just a heads up guys, when I called it in with my provider, I was told both issues are known defects and they sent me out a new phone. Should be here tomorrow so we'll see how that one does. They also said, as a moderator mentioned, battery optimization starts right away an shouldn't take days to start kicking in. Also, optimization or not, no brand new phone should be dead in 6hrs without even using it.
Seanman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Hauti, do you mind sharing where you called?
0 Likes
Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Just go back to your provider. The phone is under warranty.
0 Likes
Hauti
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ah shoot. I'm sorry! I wish I could help
0 Likes
Seanman
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
thanks, though, I bought mine directly from samsung, and it's difficult to get hold of a real person to return something
0 Likes
userDZBw3bBzeU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I just got my S21+ and my battery life isn't lastnight what so ever I've optimized apps , but its still not doing anything help!! What can I do???
userqD2p0ABtXI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
same my 21 ultra 5g get hot after upgrade software also draing bayter fast apple 12 pro max has better life than this
0 Likes
SlyChamb
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I mean if apple is better than why not just get the 12pro max?

0 Likes
userDZBw3bBzeU
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I'm not about the apple life I contacted support still trying to hear back from them
0 Likes
Mahmoudfaisal
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
i have the same issue. i have s21
0 Likes