JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 Ultra lagging or unresponsive

(Topic created: 02-04-2021 12:12 PM)
Vics_S10E
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Recently when using my Ultra I've had issues when unlocking it, the phone becomes super laggy and unresponsive for a while then goes back to normal. Anyone else having this issue? I know not every phone can be perfect but for $1,200 its a bit disappointing to be experiencing these problems so soon. Hopefully a future update can resolve this 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
28 Replies
Options
Galaxy S21

i tried install the hub but it wont open on my phone either. i think the developer have not updated to make it compatible for android 11. the last updated date is november 2020.

0 Likes
userHnWaGRnzed
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Having the same issue. It randomly freezes when trying to unlock the phone for 2-5 seconds and then goes back to normal.

VladislavV87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Exactly the same issue here. After a period of inactivity and unlocking the device, it starts lagging pretty bad and it lasts for about 20 seconds, then it works fast again. New out of the box phone. Got it 1 week ago.
Samsung, please investigate and fix the problem. Many people have the same issue.

Update: the last time my One UI software crashed and it stopped lagging after that. Maybe that will give the developers the idea on where to look for the problem.

Update 2: Cleared cash like suggested by the support. We'll see if that solves it.

Update 3: about 1 week after that cash cleared, I got the same problem. Just a minute ago after not using my phone for maybe 2 hours I unlocked it and it started lagging again.
0 Likes
usersJCkL6EXUB
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I'm having the same problem !! probably there is a lack of synchrony with the touch and the native events ... It is not only in the scroll, when I am typing I feel this slowness while I click on the keys of each letter, samsung please lock the fps at 120 and take this update that varies from 60 to 120 for god's sake  !!! or 60 or 120! between one and the other is crazy! ...

usernEvBXv3Wl9
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Uninstall or force stop disney+ tht fixed my problem

0 Likes
VladislavV87
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
How long has it been since the last time you had this problem if it's not a secret?
0 Likes
kevkeisha
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I am experiencing the exact same issue. VERY frustrating for such a POWERFUL and EXPENSIVE device! I do not have many apps installed at all.
0 Likes
userYIcriDMGsA
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Exactly same problem with my galaxy s21, with my Galaxy s10 with exactly the same apps installed and same settings, never had these issue. Hopefully Samsung give us a sollution.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy S21

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes