JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 fast wireless charging problem

(Topic created: 03-04-2021 08:59 AM)
Ayzw
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

So after a quick google search it appears my s21 ultra will not fast wireless charge using a non Samsung charger like the big that was reported with the s20. It'll start fast charging when first put on the pad and after 5 or so seconds it reverts back to normal wireless charging. Anyone else have this issue? I have uploaded a video and my logs using Samsung members but yet to have a response on that yet. 

81 Replies
useraSfYjPiQQH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hi, new S21 owner here. I just received my new Ventev Wireless Charge Pad Duo which charges up to 10W per device and even says compatible with Samsung's Fast Wireless Charging.

Well, when I place my phone on the pad, it says fast wireless charging then 5 seconds later it switches back to regular wireless charging and adds about 30 min more to full charge.

Ironically, my GF has a Note8 which gets the fast wireless charging when placed on the same pad. 

My phone's on February's security patch.

coolkatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Contact Samsung they need more people to complain about this so it gets fixed in an update.

plano-mano
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S21

there was an update that does not support fast wireless charging for uncertified 3rd party product. Note 8 might support fast wireless charge because this update was not applied on note 8.

check with ventev, or try submit report on samsung members to check if your product is certified by samsung.

0 Likes
coolkatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

I was told by a rep that this was not their intention. They were not trying to limit what chargers you can use. He may just not have been informed though.

0 Likes
userWYngMvphax
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
so I have an official Samsung wireless stand with my official Samsung wall charger and this happens when my s21 ultra is in portrait mode if I put my phone sideways and set it on the charging stand it charges fast wireless I've had the same thing happen with two wireless stands everything I'm using is official Samsung.
0 Likes
coolkatt
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Please contact them and complain, this needs to be fixed.

0 Likes
Jake2093
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
my S21 just updated and it seems now it is wirelessly charging fine at first it wasn't and I took my case off and then it started working fine soi thought maybe it's my case so I put it back of and it's working fine don't stop fast charging. update to march 2021 patch
0 Likes
RustedMachine
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
just updated to the March patch. S21 the update did not fix fast wireless charging. Same thing happening fast charging shows up for about 10 seconds then back to regular wireless charging. Wireless fast charging has never worked from day 1.
userex1XUgFzOI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Samsung wireless charger and same issue, at most 900ma rate screen on or off

Meanwhile past phones can fast charge screen on or off but samsung messes it up. You know the real limit is temperature, which is already accounted for!

0 Likes
userex1XUgFzOI
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Still a problem.  Goes from 990ma to 500ma after a minute or so.

Happens screen on or off...

Also, why does samsung severely limit charge while screen is on?  My last phone didn't, it limited charge by temperature which is much more logical!

0 Likes