JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 ultra has a green screen when trying to use portrait mode

(Topic created: 12-15-2021 09:59 AM)
duderina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ever since my phone went through the latest update, when I try to take portrait photos, I get a green screen. Anyone else? Any tips on fixing this?

44 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
You're not alone - if you search for "portrait", you'll see these two users with same problem
.Screenshot_20211215-191040_Samsung Members-01_19093_1639617059.jpg
0 Likes
NeonX89
Comet
Options
Galaxy S21
Yeah what the heck? just checked... it was working a few days ago I was taking a selfie.

Ok it's inconsistently glitchy 🤔 now its working after closing, giving an error. I cleared the cache and camera app and forced stopped it could be why it's working now.Screenshot_20211215-181651_Camera_42810_1639621365.jpgScreenshot_20211215-181750_Camera.pngScreenshot_20211215-182321_Camera.png
0 Likes
RedJellieFish
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have this exact same issue. The portrait mode will not work.

0 Likes
jessf26
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Ever since the latest software update my portrait mode on my S21 Ultra has not been working. Selfie portrait mode works, every other camera function works, but portrait mode just freezes and flashes to a green screen.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Screenshot_20211214-085920_Camera.jpg

 

 

Bs2209
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
I've seen that once before it's probably a fault with the camera sensor take it to a uBreakiFix and get a free diagnostic however that camera sensor may need replacing which basically means it's probably cheaper to get a new phone unless you know how to do it yourself
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I doubt it's a bad camera, try in this order: Rebooting Phone, Clearing Camera app cache, Boot to Safe Mode and try it, Reset camera settings by going to Camera app->Settings->Reset Camera Settings, Uninstall/reinstall camera app, Boot to recovery menu and Wipe System partition, Boot to recovery menu and Repair Apps.

If all else fails you can perform a Factory Data reset and DO NOT restore your backup...then try the camera.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
jessf26
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I don't see an option to uninstall/reinstall the camera. Is that only available in safe mode?
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

Is there an option to Disable the camera?  If so do that and then re-enable it otherwise lets just clear all the app data which will make the app like new. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
bill-e
Options
Galaxy S21

When you boot to Safe Mode, if it still doesn't work that will rule out an app that you installed interfering with the camera.

Bill
---
0 Likes