JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 ultra has a green screen when trying to use portrait mode

(Topic created: 12-28-2021 10:07 AM)
duderina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ever since my phone went through the latest update, when I try to take portrait photos, I get a green screen. Anyone else? Any tips on fixing this?

44 Replies
Skiiiboww
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Anyone else on this form running Android 12 with a S21 Ultra having the portrait mode show a green screen glitching. It appears a temporary fix is to restart the phone and then it works for some time. I don't know if I'm the only one, just looking to see if there are others experiencing this glitch. Come on Samsung, don't release something unless it's finished 🤦
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S21/BUG-Portrait-Mode-Green-Screen/m-p/2132530/highlight/...

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
I've read three others posts about this.
.Screenshot_20211218-200811_Samsung Members-01_18768_1639879714.jpg
hmarrero
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same problem. I decided to boot the phone pressing volume up and power. I cleared the cache from the end I select the last option of Repair Apps. After that, the portrait mode started working. It's already a week and no issues.
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello, I understand how frustrating it is to not be able to use portrait mode when using the camera of the phone. This is happening because of an incompatibility with the Instagram application. To correct the camera behavior, it is necessary to uninstall the Instagram application until a new version has been released by Meta (Facebook).

Samsung recommends keeping all device software, including both the operating system and user-installed applications, up to date for optimal device performance

Steps:

1.       Navigate on the impacted device to Settings> Apps

2.       Scroll to find Instagram in the application list and tap on Instagram

3.       Tap the Uninstall button to uninstall the application

4.       Click OK to confirm uninstall

5.       Powercycle (reboot) the device by turning it off then back on again

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.