JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S21 ultra has a green screen when trying to use portrait mode

(Topic created: 12-27-2021 11:10 PM)
duderina
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

Ever since my phone went through the latest update, when I try to take portrait photos, I get a green screen. Anyone else? Any tips on fixing this?

user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Known issue for some folks.

Do a search here to check what others are doing. For very few people a Camera Settings > Reset fixes it , but for others, doesn't work
0 Likes
Mtratchet16
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Anytime I try to use portrait mode (with the outside-facing cameras specifically), I'm shown the first image the sensor sees, then the screen turns green.

I'm using the Galaxy S21 Ultra running the stable One UI 4.0/Android 12. I took a video recording of it but have nowhere to post it. 

0 Likes
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S21
Known bug with One Ui 4 hopefully getting patched soon!you could search on here to find others posts about it. They might have a solution
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Many folks are seeing this issue, but many not (hubby and I don't see issue)

For some folks this works:
Open Camera app, then gear Settings icon upper left
Scroll down and tap Reset

Next, go to phone's Settings app, scroll down and tap on Apps
Scroll down to Camera and tap
Tap Force Stop lower right
Then tap Storage, Clear Cache and then Clear Data

Dismiss Settings
Open Camera app and check
Markcam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ui 4 has a lot of problems. I have been posting them here ever since and samsung doesn't say anything about it
0 Likes
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
... Samsung has put a hold on UI 4 ... some of the issue is with base Android 12, so Samsung is waiting on Google for fixes
0 Likes
Markcam
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
They should know better. They had a beta roll out, they got feedback from their customers. No fixes were made after beta. Then they rolled it out to everyone. I can't wait to return my phone.
0 Likes
userwkQLKnsFYy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
I have an S21 Ultra that's less than a year old. Noticed today when trying to use portrait mode the screen turns bright green and it's not possible to take a photo. I saw others have reported or online, but it doesn't seem like it's being fixed in an update yet. Please let me know if you've found a way to fix it. Thanks! 
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21
Heard there were problems with S21 line which is why I kept Mt S20+ and heard Ultras had severe lag issues and it lost the SD Card Slot!!!! Feel Space Zoom is a fad!! Looking at getting Note22
0 Likes
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S21
Known issue for a few folks. Do a search and you'll see.

I've read where resetting the Camera app helps, but prob not for all
0 Likes