JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Health Android app no longer displays steps on phone lock screen / home screen

(Topic created: 02-01-2023 07:10 PM)
userDEhaLl8Xzb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Hello! My Verizon based Galaxy S21 with Android 13 with latest patch G991USQU5DWA8 update as of 29 January 2023 and Samsung Health app version 6.23.0.063 no longer displays my step count on the lock & home screens of the phone. Instead of display the step count all it displays is "Samsung Health started."

The step count was visible up until a few days ago but I can not determine what has changed. Can anyone help me to get the step count to display on the phone lock & home screens? I have tried the whole "Clear Cache / Clear Data" shuffle as well as uninstalling & reinstalling the app and I still am only able to see the "Samsung Health Started." notification text.

Thanks!

7 Replies
Jess04
Sun
Options
Galaxy S21
They possibly haven't updated that feature of Samsung Health to work on Android 13/OneUI 5. All you can hope for is that they push out an app update soon.
0 Likes
Members_wMM6xSH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I have the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 3. Very annoying.

Kucuro
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
I had the same issue. Unchecked and rechecked steps in notification category and nothing. So I unchecked a random one, which was fertile window prediction and got notification sound and the step bar showed up. But samsung health started showed up again as well. I'd say play with categories and see if that works.
lilithdesade
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
Ugh. Searching for this same issue. Want to just look at the drop-down menu and see the steps. Not look at the app.
BigPhil86
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21
Stole this from another thread

Samsung Health/3dots right corner - Samsung Health/Settings/Notifications/Allow notificatios is allready checked

I only have 1st icon checked (Lock screen - Allowed)

Enter Notifications cattegories

Steps is unchecked - so check it

Scroll allway down uncheck Other notifications to note have 2 health icon on taskbar

Thas all.
dlipetz
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S21

Just noticed same. Turns out there is now an update available fo Samsung Health. After installing the update, I had to go back to Settings and re-enable Steps in Notification Categories.

0 Likes
Solution
pmzahorosky
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

The other comments about re-enabling notifications for steps is accurate but there is a bit more to get the steps to show on the lock screen again. Within the specific "steps" notification category, I changed the type from "Silent" to "Alert", applied a silent sound (of course) and made sure the "Lockscreen" was set to "Show content". Now the steps show on the lock screen.

2500.png

Paul Zahorosky