Original topic:

Text Messaging no longer works in car!

(Topic created: 01-06-2024 01:44 AM)
Bronski
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have recently received the latest update for my S21.

Since this update I can now no longer receive or send text messages from my Land Rover. prior to the update everything worked fine. When I press on text messaging on my in car infotainment unit it jus says 'Text Messaging Not Available'

I have tried to look at bluetooth settings and the text messaging button no longer exists, only calls and audio. I have unpaired the units, repaired and still nothing works. Has anyone else had this issue please, and fixed it?

7 Replies
DB083
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I have just updated too and my S21 Ultra is not connecting to my wifi at home. 

It says there is no internet when there is

Members_5RbS77h
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

I am having the same issue since the last update and it is more than frustrating! I hope Samsung fixes this soon... 

brydenver
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21
I have the same issue Cannot receive text messages on my car radio anymore.
After the latest update Samsung customers service is clueless On this matter still waiting for another update
0 Likes
Da11
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S21

I’ve got the same issue with an A52 5G.  I spent about an hour on the phone with Samsung technical support with no success at all.  No mention that there was a Samsung software issue!  The phone works well.  I reconnected my old A7 and it works well and I can see and send messages.  Clearly Samsung are burying their collective heads in the sand.

0 Likes
JeannieLee
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

My s21 ultra has had issues for a year and a half since one of the first updates however the past couple of weeks text messages don't seem to be coming in or going out so today I downloaded Google messaging and set that as my default and that is working for the most part. I don't know why it won't let me send links But I have been able to send and receive texts and pictures. So apparently it's the Samsung messages default app. Go figure.

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here with an S22+

Won't send or recieve text on a Mercedes 2018 CLC Comander system.

Been that way for the latest 3 updates.

Please fix this Samsung 

0 Likes
Andyvb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S21

Same here with my landrover discovery...ridiculous!

0 Likes