JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Time zone switches automatically

(Topic created: 04-14-2021 09:54 AM)
nesenji
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Just got the s21+(T-mobile) and I have my time setting as manual so I am always aware if what time it is without having to check the time zone its on. Every time I cross time zones back into my residential time zone the time zone "automatic" feature turns back on putting my phone at the wrong time! I have restarted my phone multiple times, done the safe mode thing, set the time different ways and every time it still switches to automatic.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I just turned off "Automatic Date and Time" and changed the time zone on my phone and watched the time change.  I then turned off my phone.  I restarted it and it remained on the new time zone.  This should simulate crossing time zones.

If your phone is not operating that way I would go to Samsung Members app and request help.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor

View solution in context

5 Replies
n9las
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

Same problem. Been looking for an answer for two years now.

0 Likes
User_name
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S21

so the Automatic date and time feature turns on by itself? 

nesenji
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21
Yes that is correct
0 Likes
n9las
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S21

The automatic date and time feature turns itself on whenever the phone is rebooted. How do you permanently disable it?

0 Likes
Solution
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S21

I just turned off "Automatic Date and Time" and changed the time zone on my phone and watched the time change.  I then turned off my phone.  I restarted it and it remained on the new time zone.  This should simulate crossing time zones.

If your phone is not operating that way I would go to Samsung Members app and request help.

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor