JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Apps not working on Wifi

(Topic created: 07-13-2022 04:18 PM)
userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This problem started a few weeks ago. But most of my apps will not work when I'm connected to wifi (any WiFi work home or public). The app would just spin and nothing will load, as soon as I turn off wifi the app would work immediately. 

I've cleared cache, reset network settings, deleted my wifi networks, nothing works. Other devices on the WiFi works just fine.
I've called Samsung tech support, zero help. They seem to think it's an issue with my phone but it's not. Because my wife has the same issue and she has the Note 11. So I think it's probably a recent update. Who knows when they'll fix it.
A temporary fix I found is if I turn on my VPN (I use NordVPN) then it works. But as soon as I turn off my VPN it'll stop working.

I think I'm done with Samsung phones. This S22 is  Got this phone 3 months ago and it's been nothing but issues, everything from fast draining batteries, it's actually slower than my previous s21 Ultra. I think I'm switching to iPhone next. I've been using Samsung for the last 10 years but I'm done. I hate this 
JUMP TO SOLUTION
DG1970
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Hi there. Just wanted to share. I was having the same issue as everyone here. Thought I was going crazy. I also tried everything except resetting the phone to factory. What seems to have worked for me was... I Logged into my router which is made by Asus. I added the Mac id of the phone to the Mac filter list. Now it's working fine. Maybe it's a compatibility issue with the home router. Not sure. I will have to see at work 2morrow on another wifi if I experience Same issues. For now at home it's working again by adding the Mac id to my router's MAC filter.

Cheers

Solution
Supermanry
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I believe I found the solution, at least for me. I had to turn off IPV6 on my home router. Once done, everything worked as it should. 

userr42dYxccI5
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes!!! It did work! Thank you!! But why does IPv6 setting on the router mess with our phones? In fact it started messing with my Sony TV which runs Android as well?
Why is Android or Samsung not fixing this issue?
Haresh
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This worked for me as well, thanks

0 Likes
Haakepuck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Some apps won't work on wifi but work fine on mobile data. Have rebooted countless times. 

user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
What apps ?

You may need to contact the author(s)
0 Likes
Haakepuck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Various...Hum. Nest, Blink, Ring
user365170tdJ15
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S22
Well, I can vouch for Nest (10 cameras and Nest Secure) ... all are running fine on our two s22's and two s21s... we never use Data unless we leave our property

No probs with Nest app.

Does the Nest app fire up ?
Any error messages ?
Can it see any devices ?
Haakepuck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
No error messages. It tries to work but never connects. Might have to visit Verizon store tomorrow. Thanks
Haakepuck
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Wife's phone works fine BTW.