Video call with other Samsung's 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22U and I can still do native video call. I think you can only do it if you have a locked carrier phone. If you have an unlocked phone you're gonna have to use Google Meet or Duo. For the record I'm on T-Mo and using a phone locked to their network. I can use either video call or Google Duo

View solution in context

6 Replies
MarvinG84
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22

Yes and No. Natively it can not do video calls like iPhones. However, the newer Samsung phones come preinstalled with Google Duo, you just need to sign in, and make sure the other person has it as well.

0 Likes
detroitkrazy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
On my old Samsung it used to be a video call option right there where I could call with other Samsung's but now it doesn't give me that options so did the S22 take this feature off?Screenshot_20221028-142551_Call.jpg
detroitkrazy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
It used to have built-in video calling which was not duo
0 Likes
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
Was your old Samsung phone locked to Verizon? What about your current S22 is it unlocked?
0 Likes
Solution
smbj_1005
Comet
Options
Galaxy S22
I have an S22U and I can still do native video call. I think you can only do it if you have a locked carrier phone. If you have an unlocked phone you're gonna have to use Google Meet or Duo. For the record I'm on T-Mo and using a phone locked to their network. I can use either video call or Google Duo
detroitkrazy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
The phone was brought from bestbuy
0 Likes