JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Cashapp website opens every time I unlock?

(Topic created: 10-08-2022 08:57 AM)
cashapp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

When I unlock my phone why do the cashapp website keep opening?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
upchuck7365
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Found this on a forum and it worked. Do you have a wallet case? If so, then the nfc in the card is causing the website/app to open

View solution in context

8 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@cashapp More than likely, there is a 3rd party malicious app causing this to pop up. 

As a troubleshooting step, boot into safe mode. If the website doesn't pop up while booted in safe mode, you know that it is a 3rd party item causing it. 

0 Likes
cashapp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
This happens every time I unlock my phone and it will go to the cashapp website Screenshot_20221010_155433_1000000668_1665435274.jpg
usermzeJaY3BsM
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S22
What happens when you restart your phone into Safe mode, as @LongHiker said? You can boot into Safe Mode by powering off the device. Then power it back on again, and hold the Volume Down button as soon as the Samsung logo appears. if done correctly, the words Safe Mode should appear at the bottom.
I can confirm that this is NOT normal behavior for an S22 series as I have an S22 Ultra and have never seen a cash app screen on it at all.
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

In my experience the best anti malware app is Malwarebytes on the Play Store.  Download it and run the free scan and there is a good chance it will find and remove the malware. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor
0 Likes
Solution
upchuck7365
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Found this on a forum and it worked. Do you have a wallet case? If so, then the nfc in the card is causing the website/app to open
Neeno_06
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Oh my gosh! I kept trying all of the above: restarts, disabling apps, safe mode, nothing was working...Until you!!!! LOL Thank you so much, that is exactly what the problem was, as soon as I took the case off & unlocked my phone it no longer happened! Now that I know, I'm not so mad anymore lol.

Apparently I should have tried the forums earlier. Thanks again!!!!!

upchuck7365
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Happy to help! I was getting mad as well till I found the form lol
TimTreez
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here. Thank you!! It was driving me nuts. I was about to download every malware and pop-up blocker known to man lol