1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I found this troubleshooting link that may help with your fingerprint scanner! (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082563/). 

If you're still having an ongoing problem with your fingerprint scanners next I would suggest backing up your device and doing a factory data reset on the device by following these steps.

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm. 

You can also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22

@tbone614 Do you have a screen protector installed? Many conflict with the fingerprint sensor. 

Are you fingers dry? Have you tried applying lotion? Dry fingers hinder the operation of the fingerprint sensor. 

0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Clear your fingerprints and redo them.
0 Likes
Prof70
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I noticed I have to peridically, bimonthly), redo my left thumbprint (the fingerprint I use 95% of the time).

Other fingerprints I have set always work and I never have to reset them.  The one I use all the time works perfectly for a month or two then becomes less and less dependable until I redo it.

I have even tried saving my left thumbprint on 2 or 3 of the 4 settings but after a few months it doesn't work dependably.

It doesn't matter if I moisturize because my fingers are oily anyway as observed by fingerprints all over my screen!

0 Likes
jimmydax
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
My A02 doesn't show fingerprint gestures plz need help
0 Likes
abb52
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
My fingerprint biometric just stopped working. I've tried fixes, and I restarted my phone. Nothing helped.
It has done this a couple of times before and started working again by itself. Why is this happening l?
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hey there! I found this troubleshooting link that may help with your fingerprint scanner! (https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082563/). 

If you're still having an ongoing problem with your fingerprint scanners next I would suggest backing up your device and doing a factory data reset on the device by following these steps.

Navigate to and open Settings, and then tap General management. Swipe to and tap Reset, and then tap Reset all settings. Review the information, and then tap Reset settings. Tap Reset to confirm. 

You can also submit an error report by going to the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports.

I hope this helps!

0 Likes