JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Must restart phone at least 3 times daily

(Topic created: 09-13-2022 12:12 PM)
usery2BX0WcJsf
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
If I do not restart my S22 Ultra frequently, many apps on my phone simply do not open. The spinning wheel that is typically displayed for less than a second, is displayed for minutes, and the app does not open. This is beyond frustrating. Apparently caused by poor memory management, this problem is rectified by restarting the phone, and then, only for a few hours!! This is unacceptable for a top of the line phone that sells for $1400.  Samsung, please fix this with the next software update. 
7 Replies
DrGalaxy7
Star
Options
Galaxy S22
This doesn't happen to me, either your unit is defective or you have done something to make that happen?
0 Likes
Solution
user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
I am sorry that you not having a great experience with your S22 ultra, please open up the settings for device care and then change the memory Ram plus to 8 gigs, then I highly recommend trying the Samsung Good Guardians application from the Galaxy store the application has a built-in application optimization tool and memory Manger plus a few other features that will increase your phones performance https://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.android.samsung.utilityapp
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you so much for sharing!  This will be very beneficial to the community.  

user_ams007
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
By changing the Ram plus option to 8 gigs it will allow more background applications, also check your settings in device care, battery, background usage limits and put unnecessary apps to deep sleep or normal sleep, this will result in a increased performance of your phone
Godsend
Halo
Options
Galaxy S22
That's really weird, I would try a factory reset to see if that helps. I push my phone harder than most and have not had anything similar to what you're describing even with excessive multitasking. That really doesn't sound normal to me at all.
0 Likes
userRU6wwIFsJH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

I've had the S22 Ultra for four days and for the last three days when I went on my daily walk I lost my 5G connection and had to restart the phone to restore it. I'm walking and listening to music and suddenly it stops  and I look at my phone and see I no longer have a connection. I've been walking and streaming music with all kinds of phones and never had a consistent issue like this. I traded in an S20 I'd had for fourteen months, and this happened maybe half a dozen times in that entire time. I'd go weeks or months without restarting that phone and the same with the phones I had before it. This one needs restarted every day? I'm seriously thinking about taking it back while I'm in the 14 day window for returns. If it's doing this right out of the box, what's it going to be doing a few months from now when I'm stuck with it? 

userRU6wwIFsJH
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

As painful a process as it is if I have to restart my phone to restore my 5G connection tomorrow I'm taking the phone back. I'm not going into settings to "fix" what shouldn't be happening to start with. Phone is way too expensive to be implementing workarounds because it doesn't function like it's supposed to.