JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 Since Android 13 Update

(Topic created: 12-04-2022 05:52 AM)
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

Galaxy s22 Ultra Phone Keeps Pocket Dialing 911 3-5 Times a Day Since Android 13 Update With Emergency SOS Feature Turned Off This Hasn't Happened once Until The Update And I'm Getting Pretty Fed Up with This Issue 

aenglund
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

I am having this issue as well. My phone screen was dark before I put it in my purse but it still calls 911 randomly and repeatedly. This is sooo stressful and I don't know what to do.

IamAcat
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Yeah im having this problem too (but on the S21)

I had to explain while at work to a 911 operator that it was a pocket dial,

samsung needs to fix this issue
useraJY2leHGa6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Same here just happened to me today for the first time in 2 years since I've had it so it's gotta be the update
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, thank you for your feedback. I definitely understand your concerns with this situation and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this situation:

First wipe your cache partition: 

switch off your device

open the recovery menu by pressing the volume up button and the Bixby button 

Use the volume up and volume down button to select Wipe cache partition, then press the Bixby button to confirm

Press the Bixby button to select reboot device 

Next try your device in safe mode:

Press and hold the Bixby button and the volume down button

Touch and hold the power off icon 

Tap the Safe mode icon 

Once in Safe mode you can remove any third party apps causing issues  

To exit safe mode restart your phone 

Next we recommend disabling any assistant services like Bixby and Google.

If you are still experiencing this situation we recommend performing a factory data reset:

Please be sure to back up any personal data before performing the factory data reset 

Open your settings and search factory data reset 

After selecting factory data reset review the information provided

When you are ready tap reset 

Select Delete all 

You will be required to enter your Samsung account information 

Once your phone is done resetting it will return turn on and start from the initial set up screen 

0 Likes
Ryan-WI
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
LoL, just wipe your phone, so simple.. Don't worry, your life won't be completely turned upside down for weeks after.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S22
OK... nice detailed explanation. Now here is a simple request. Samsung created the problem, Samsung should fix it.
userZREuJE1xWj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Happened to me twice at work now. Cops came the second time. Very annoying. Very stressful.
GalaxyUser270
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

This just happened to me this evening... I was talking (hands free) while driving. Then along come an emergency alarm sound, then the phone is automatically calling 911!!! ??? Galaxy S21 Ultra user.

userKWXDQYq6UL
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Phone randomly dials 911 after update happen on both my s21
The_Real_DiMaK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Happened 6-8 + MORE times in the last 2 days alone took the phone widget off the lock screen thinking that would help since the side button is already disabled for 911 but nah same issue continues.... Told the 911 operator that called back that it's the google android 13 update and they already seem aware of the problem