Original topic:

Put talk to text keyboard microphone back where it was!

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
Members_uBmtVMG
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

This change was ill-conceived and beyond frustrating. Constantly gets hit by mistake, it's just a bad idea that I'm sure someone at Samsung or google, or whoever's responsible for it can fix. And please discipline the person who okayed the change.

12 Replies
userfLEM8ePmgB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
I agree 100%. how can people be so stupid? You know they don't have this kind of phone. Karma
Ridiculousphone
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Microphone is lost so I can no longer speak to text. Also cannot use clipboard

Tonya1317
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I went into setting and hit reset keyboard setting and it changed my whole keyboard I'm not sure how to get it back but my microphone talk to text is back it is on the bottom left this time but it's back 

Ingrida
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

God bless you Tonya. Galaxy 45 last update changed my settings to a voice recording. UGH!!  This 71 y/o lady was lost without the talk microphone. Reset keyboard and BAM!!! A oh so tiny microphone appeared on bottom left screen.

0 Likes
Members_IBqwmTV
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I found it. It in the very bottom left screen, so ridiculous 🙄 

Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I know that this isn't quite what you're looking for, but maybe it will help.

Go to Settings > General Management > Samsung Keyboard settings > Swipe, touch, and feedback > Touch and hold spacebar. Change the setting to Voice Input. Now you can activate voice input by long-pressing the spacebar.
user6NY7q4sXrb
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
God bless you this is amazing! Having that microphone in the bottom left hand corner is the stupidest thing ever!
Popsicle20
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm happy that I was able to help. 🙂
0 Likes
1geekydude
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Who's the **bleep** that thought this was a good idea???

I'm a programmer, and I would NEVER do this in an interface! Didn't anyone at Samsung do a usability study? I constantly keep hitting the wrong button because of where the microphone now is! Put it back where it was, and get rid of the stupid AI settings icon! It doesn't need to be there, and most people won't even use those settings. put it in a menu instead!

USE SOME COMMON SENSE!