JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S22 Ultra Black Screen When Posting FB stories

(Topic created: 03-20-2022 01:58 AM)
userDxcF8AGV3j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22

I got my new s22 ultra - when posting fb stories with pictures or videos together with music the post will go black! The picture or video will appear all black but you can hear the music or see Gifs! This happens on facebook stories but IG is working. I called Samsung customer service but they deny that this is a known issue! But there's already a lot of s22 users complaining about this but there's no fix as of now! A lot of customers bought s22 ultra hoping this is the android phone that can compete with iphone 13 in terms of better pics and videos so we can have better pics or videos to post on social media but this is a let down. Even some filters are not working in this s22 ultra! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are unable to post stories to Facebook with text/video/pictures and music without the post displaying black. I understand how frustrating this is.

I have a few troubleshooting things to assist you with the symptoms you are experiencing with the Facebook app.

1. I would recommend force stopping and clearing the cache for the Facebook app. Go to settings > apps > Tap on Facebook > tap on force stop > then tap on storage and clear the cache

2. Wipe the cache partition: The system cache partition stores temporary system data. It's supposed to allow the system to access apps more quickly and efficiently, but sometimes things get cluttered and outdated, so a periodic cache clearing can help make the system run more smoothly. Give these steps a try:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key, then press and hold the Side key.
  3. When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
  4. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  5. Press Side key to select.
  6. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Side key to select.
  7. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  8. Press the Side key to restart the device.

3. Check to make sure your Facebook app is up to date. If the app is not up to date, it could be causing compatibility issues with the new software.

4.  Next I would recommend uninstalling and re-installing the Facebook app on your device. This will allow you to get a fresh start with the software for the app

5. If you have tried all these troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to Facebook directly for further assistance. Give this link a try: https://www.facebook.com/help/mobile-basic/392617567415770

View solution in context

56 Replies
Nguyen Nam
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22

The problem also happened on my S22 Plus. Samsung, please fix this!

userDxcF8AGV3j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
I called them MANY TIMES and also there's already a facebook group complaining about this facebook stories issues BUT their response to all of us is the same. They are denying it and downplaying it occurs - which obviously is a problem!
userWezXBwmjPC
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S22
I have same issues .
userDxcF8AGV3j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes there are a lot of affected users on this but when you try to call their customer service they deny or play dumb that it is NOT happening
LeoDaHero84
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

Try posting music WITHOUT the lyrics. It's the only way it works for me on my 22 Ultra Plus. Let me know if it works for you.

0 Likes
userDxcF8AGV3j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
That didn't work for me. As long as you put music together with either pic or video it goes black
ALANBOY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I've seen some threads about this issue already and just want to confirm it too that both mine and my wife's S22 Ultras have the same issues with posting to our FB stories. Music and tags post, but the pictures are always blank. It seems consistent to an issue with the S22 Ultra. We definitely need a patch to fix this issue. It doesn't seem to be an issue with FB. I've tested multiple scenarios already.
userDxcF8AGV3j
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes same with my phone. The problem is they don't acknowledge that it is a problem. I have called them many times and they pretend that it is their first time to hear about this issue
ALANBOY
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Thanks for confirming..it's frustrating because this phone just came out and of course our expectations are high. Can't believe Samsung can't patch this issue up. It's probably an issue with the gallery and the FB link to the stories. They should just work on this especially knowing how expensive this phone is.