JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Secure Folder never gives the "Forgot Password" option.

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 10:34 AM)
userJpExJvyll6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22

I had to restart my phone one day and when I started back up it asked me to sign into the Secure Folder.  I can't remember the Secure Folder password and there is never an option to select "Forgot Password".  There is another thread on this exact issue that claims "SOLVED" but I've read through the entire thread and it is never solved.  Anyone have this figured out yet?  I'd rather not lose the data I have in the folder.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S22
Try these steps. Phone Settings>select your Samsung Account at the very top>Sign out of your Samsung Account>launch Secure Folder>tap on Uninstall>sign back into your Samsung Account and setup the Secure Folder again if you'd like.

View solution in context

7 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Did the you have the forgot password option enabled within Secure Folder when you set it up? If not, there is no way to gain access without entirely resetting Secure Folder.
userJpExJvyll6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S22
Okay that's fine. How do I entirely reset it?
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy S22
Try these steps. Phone Settings>select your Samsung Account at the very top>Sign out of your Samsung Account>launch Secure Folder>tap on Uninstall>sign back into your Samsung Account and setup the Secure Folder again if you'd like.
Derpyderp
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22

What if there's no uninstall option or reset password option?

JOHNDOE247
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
When is the galaxy s22 ultra getting one ui 6.0 Android 14 update
0 Likes
noaaguy
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I have the same problem and posted a thread on it but samsung deleted it.
0 Likes
lolo0426
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I need to change my password but I forgot my current password. What do I do??????
There's no "forgot password"