JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Weird panning issue with video camera

(Topic created: 09-30-2022 03:37 AM)
Fallior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Anyone that records with the S22, I specifically have the ultra. Notice any panning issues? Seems fine with no movement on my end, and fine if objects in the camera are moving. But if I move the camera, even in a smooth motion, it's like the camera is either a second too slow or too fast with certain objects.
You can notice it a lot more with distinct lines. And then watching the video back, looking at those lines trailing behind a little until a second later where the camera kinda corrects their position.
It's kinda hard to explain really, but it's definitely noticeable, and I use the same settings on my S22 Ultra as I did with my S21+ and never noticed this with the S21, but definitely notice this issue with the S22.
I record in 4K, 30 or 60fps doesn't make a difference. I also have steady shot on, but super steady off.
Hopefully I've at least explained this well enough that those that have noticed this issue know what I'm talking about.
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to the latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution.

View solution in context

0 Likes
7 Replies
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
Have you tried any troubleshooting like clearing the camera app's cache/data or rebooting your device?
0 Likes
Fallior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Yes, I clear cache and data a lot, and I reboot a lot. This issue has been noticeable for months now
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
What about a partition cache clear. If it's related to a software bug from one.of the updates that might be worth a try.
0 Likes
Fallior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
Just did it. Nothing changed. Camera still has that weird glitch
0 Likes
Belaythatorder
Supernova
Options
Galaxy S22
May have to get it serviced then.
0 Likes
Fallior
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S22
I'm not the only one who's mentioned this exact problem though. I found a blog of someone who tests every single option in a Samsung camera. And they mentioned it too with the S22 Ultra, and they had a YouTube video that showed very similar results to what mine does.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S22

Thank you for your feedback. If you haven’t already, Please update Samsung Members app to the latest version from the Galaxy store and send us an error report immediately after experiencing the issue from the Samsung Members app > Get help > Send feedback > Error reports to help us debug the issue. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your contribution.

0 Likes