AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi.

Unlocked Galaxy s23 ultra, 
I use Straight Talk, that uses Verizon.
I have 5g.
I was told I could use my sim card I have from other phone.
Where you click on network, I believe, we'll where it says tracfone,apn settings, everything is greed out ?and I don't believe it's correct. 
Says ,disconnected yet in service?
Also,when I click on preferred network, lte,is set,but also many others,all greed out?
No where 5g?
However,I'm connected to a 5g wifi?.
This is stressing me out..
I've tried everything. 
Anyone help please. Oh,also,only on straighttalk ,but also playstore says my device is unknown?
The lady I talked to was of no help. And didn't seem to want to help. Actually, my account was messed up for a week..
Thanks 

25 Replies
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Place your sim card in your phone turn the phone off turn it back on make sure your data is on and Wi-Fi calling is off for this portion go to settings then connections unselect Auto Select then you will see a list of carriers go ahead and click that carrier SIM card must be activated for it to work and you must have a true unlocked phone for any network including Verizon Straight Talk there is some phones that will not work with Verizon's Network make sure yours does. You can also Try Settings then General management then Reset now Reset
network settings to see if anything changes. You
will have to reconnect all your Bluetooth and Wi-Fi
connections settings ect. Let me know how it goes Screenshot_20230801_132119_Call settings.jpgScreenshot_20230801_132230_Call settings.jpg
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you so much 💓
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
That is what I did! And it worked! I actually used every ones advice! Thank you so much!
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Exactly what you said!! I thought I told b you,lol. It was my pic for solution!😋
VerbumVeritum
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Ah ok, great! I'm glad I was able to help you out some!

LongHiker
Galactic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@AliWright I would recommend getting a new SIM card from your provider instead of trying to troubleshoot using an old SIM card. 

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S23
Here are the supported carriers for the US market. US MVNOs not in this list are also supported.
(I wonder if Tracfone supports eSIM...)Screenshot_20230720_180133_Call settings.jpg
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes they do! I have that option on phone,and st/trac/Verizon l ol..asked me if I wanted to use it.
I had to do pretty mech of everyone's advice on here! So thankful.
Another thing driving me insane will be posted soon...
1691701037163.gif
AliWright
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Hey LongHiker,I did!! It worked! Thank you!!
0 Likes