Original topic:

Battery Drains During Gaming While Plugged In (100 Watts)

(Topic created: Tuesday)
NickeyName
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

This may need more technical assistance than the forums and community support but imma put it here for a bit. You know how Samsung has a feature where the phone stops charging when gaming to "prevent overheating" (or something like that). Well, it stops charging alright, but it's not supposed to be draining the battery. It does. It shouldn't. This has been a problem where I assume that the battery is not draining but it is, and it goes on to die mid-game while in online fps game (CODM). 

I forgot how to turn that feature off. Also, Samsung get your stuff together. It's embarrassing to have a half phone where it looks good on the outside and it's bad on the inside. Do better. Complete each feature you make. 
13 Replies
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
I believe that setting is in game booster1720593181542.jpg
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Playing the game itself would be battery draining. I have a game that isn't even an action game (bubble pop), and it chews battery like nobody's business. I only play it in the evenings, if I play it at all, so the battery is already somewhere near mid depleted so it may only seem like it's eating more battery than it would warrant. That feature is to prevent your battery from overheating while playing energy chewing games, not make your battery magically undepletable
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
No the option is to bypass the battery and run off the charger,as if you removed the battery all together and just ran a charger on it https://www.sammobile.com/news/how-to-enable-samsung-battery-charging-bypass-feature-galaxy-phones-f...
0 Likes
ChaosSaber
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy S23
This1720800289559.jpg
0 Likes