JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

My S23 ultra hasn't received the one UI 6.0 update after network unlock

(Topic created: 01-08-2024 01:29 PM)
Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi, my S23 ultra haven't received the one UI 6.0 update after network unlock , any idea what's going on?

23 Replies
Solution
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

Hi @Prince78 

Depending on the original carrier, it might only receive updates if used with that carrier, even if it's unlocked. For example, if your device was originally from AT&T, then unlocked and is now being used with T-Mobile, it will not receive those updates as AT&T pushes updates to devices originally locked to their network, and they can't push an update to a device that's not actively registered on their network.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I thought that eventually the phone will get the updates because it is a Samsung/ Google phone? Also, what should I do to get these updates without having to go back to the original carrier? Thanks
Options
Galaxy S23
Samsung is not a mobile carrier and on top of Google being the Android OS, Samsung uses their own UI to add features and also update the Android version to a Samsung friendly OS version.
Trance Addict
0 Likes
Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
I just went ahead and switched carriers, went back to at&t and boom! Problem solved! Got the one UI 6.0 already with every other security update.. thanks for your help
Options
Galaxy S23
You can set the eSim to ur old carrier and Hard Sim to New Carrier or Vice versa to keep the network connection when OTA updates are available or use smart switch
Trance Addict
Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
That'd be double charge for both carriers then, and I'm not looking forward to do that TBH
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Did you move to another carrier after network unlock?

Prince78
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23
Yes
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
Which carrier you left and what you have now?