JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Phone making random noise from phone

(Topic created: 01-28-2024 07:04 AM)
yank71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23

Out of blue my Samsung 23# will make sound like pouring water. Is this happening to anyone else or know what this sound is. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concerns with your device making a water pouring sound and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

It's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app it is, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Power off your device 

Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears press and hold down the volume down button 

If done correctly Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner (If Safe Mode is not in bottom left corner repeat steps above)

If you are not experiencing the water pouring sound then there is a third party app causing the noise 

You can remove the third-party app that is causing issues

Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started

To exit Safe Mode simply restart the device and it will reboot normally

View solution in context

3 Replies
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy S23

@yank71 My wife recently installed an app to reminder her to periodically drink water. It makes this sound it thinks that she should drink water. Did you by chance install a similar app?

0 Likes
yank71
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
No sir I did not
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungModerator1
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

Hello, welcome to the Samsung Community. I understand your concerns with your device making a water pouring sound and I will be more than happy to take a look into this with you. 

It's possible that a third-party app is causing the issue. To figure out what app it is, you can use the Safe mode feature. In Safe mode, your device won't run any third-party apps. This allows you to easily identify and remove the app that may be causing the problem.

Power off your device 

Turn on the device and when the Samsung logo appears press and hold down the volume down button 

If done correctly Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner (If Safe Mode is not in bottom left corner repeat steps above)

If you are not experiencing the water pouring sound then there is a third party app causing the noise 

You can remove the third-party app that is causing issues

Start by removing apps that were updated or installed when the problem started

To exit Safe Mode simply restart the device and it will reboot normally