Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-02-2023 05:19 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
MikeC86
Nebula
Options
Galaxy S23
Yeah I looked at Verizon, good trade in prices but you are stuck with them for 36 months
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
Facts s22 Samsung promo was way better
jk1211
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

It's is disappointing. I was read to go on a S23+ or Ultra but I'm not giving up my S22+ for a measly $375. That's 38% what the retail (of the lowest storage option even) was even last week at $1,000+.

I would certainly expecting half back though to be reasonable about it. Not a freebie but fair value. 38% isn't fair value. So I haven't ordered anything.

And if Samsung is concerned about its financial numbers it should be worried about selling phones and not leaving gaps open for competitors to come in and undercut their pricing. Before they finally decide to sell this at $200-300 off in 2 months on promo. They may want to think so it increasing trade-ins now and get people locked in rather than price drops in the coming months. There are a lot of manufacturers making good phones at good prices these days unlike prior years (Pixel, etc).

0 Likes
Options
Galaxy S23
The release is pushed toward updating contracts wit carriers. $1000 off with trade in if you sign carrier contract. If you go unlocked $500 off with trade in. No upgrading for me
communityuser45
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Is samsung serious that's ridiculous
RunJK
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
I thought the same thing. T-mobile will give me $1000 but Samsung will only give $500 for my S22 Ultra, nope. Already have to wait for Samsung to roll out new Android software, not waiting for T-mobile too. I'm very disappointed. I wanted the 200mp camera
Options
Galaxy S23
I will show a little more about the objective pushing to carriers. In time pass unlocked devices received updates first. Now the carriers get updated first unlocked gets updated near the end of month. They released xaa update for n20u on feb1 carrier was around jan 5
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Carrier actually got it late November but it does look like Samsung is in bed with carriers and trying to push customers towards them.
0 Likes
Zane99
Star
Options
Galaxy S23
It's really sad,just sad.
Options
Galaxy S23
Well when the stock sitting up in warehouses. Its called flash sale. From s21u to s22u at release. It was like $400 with trade in. I actually liked the s21u. It was nearlly perftect except the external spen. Around april dungsung sent me email trade in upgrade for like $165. Couldnt pass up that offer. So I can sit on this device for a couple years unless otherwise.