JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 Preorder Feedback ; Trade In deals / Promotion feedback

(Topic created: 02-06-2023 06:10 AM)
SC1988
Halo
Options
Galaxy S23
These are the worst preorder trade-in deals ever. How dare Samsung try forcing us to sign contracts for 36 months with carriers to get the best deals. Gen Mill and Gen Z hate contracts. People need to boycott till they drop the prices for unlocked trade. For the previous s22 and fold and flip 4 models. CLEARLY SOME PEOPLE ARE BRAINWASHED STILL GETTING THEM. Sadly looking for clout as well. How pathetic.
669 Replies
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
It's a catch to get 1000 trade in.
0 Likes
BrainEncrypted
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
If you were with Sprint for a long time, the same thing occurred when they bought Nextel for Nextel customers. TMobile is just moving Sprint customers onto their plans and this is an incentive. The alternative is to get an unlocked with a trade-in on the Samsung site or sell your phone and purchase unlocked to keep your plan.
I had Sprint from 1999-2020 then moved to T-Mobile so saw plenty of unhappy people being unable to get new phones on Sprint without changing plans. Same dance different song.
0 Likes
Mainexplorer
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

If I buy the S23 Ultra (unlocked version) will I have any issues with the Verison Service?? Like text messaging etc?? Will I have network signal issues cause I am not using a carrier Verizon phone?? I am familiar with the advantages of having an unlocked phone but I am really looking for any disadvantages to using an unlocked phone.  I have never bought an unlocked phone before. The only way I can use Samsung Financing is to purchase the S23 Ultra Unlocked phone. If I use Verizon Financing I am entering into a contract and my monthly bill goes up that amount for so many months.  The sad part is I purchased my now old Note 20 Ultra (brand new back then) Verizon Carrier phone on Samsung Financing but can't with the S23 Ultra. I can purchase it outright with a reg card but not with my Samsung Financing or is there a way I can purchase the Verizon carrier phone with my Samsung Finance account??? 

Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
I am with T-Mobile and use an unlocked galaxy phones for the past few years and have not seen any issues having an unlocked phone. A few years back you carrier branded phones had a few features which unlocked models lacked, but not anymore.

DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
It is my understanding that you may have issues if you have a generic unlocked phone without the T-mobile firmware. Some network features may not be available, such as, wi-fi calling or the ability to use your phone as a wi-fi hotspot.
KeiBis
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy S23
And with verizon, I lost the video chat feature. If I'd known, I would have just purchased the Verizon phone.
0 Likes
Ekamek
Black Hole
Options
Galaxy S23
Only the video calling option is not available but it defaults to Google Meets on unlocked phones. My last carrier locked Samsung phone was the S8+. No issues with services but I turn my wifi calling off. No problem with Hotspot.

BTW, I have flashed T-Mobile firmware on my Note20 Ultra from time to time but currently on unlocked firmware. AT&T and Verizon are different though. Unless you buy their branded phones, no successive updates even if you flashed it with their firmware.
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23

Not true.  I always have unlocked Samsung phone with T-Mobile.  I have wi-fi calling, wifi connection at the airport is t-mobile wifi available, and also wifi calling every time when connecting to wifi.

0 Likes
DanG92263
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy S23
If you get a T-mobile logo when you start your phone than you have an unlocked phone with T-mobile firmware, which is why you can access those network features.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy S23
I don't have t-mobile logo when starting the phone. I can use any SIM with my phone.
0 Likes