JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23 and S22 No UWB

(Topic created: 02-06-2023 09:11 AM)
JamesDiman
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
The S23 and S22 (6.1 screen) do not have UWB in it, but the S21 did. What exactly does this limit on these phones? Can they still find UWB devices like Buds and SmartTag+? And if someone was using a S22 or S23 Ultra, would they be able to locate the S23 with precision and AR finding? I can't find any documentation on Samsung's website that explains what the S23 user is missing out on.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

UWB stands for Ultra Wide Band and is used as a short-range wireless communication protocol that's used to track the location of objects. UWB works by calculating locations within less than half an inch by measuring how long it takes short radio pulses to travel between one device and another.

Based on Specifications Ultra Wide Band is only available on Galaxy S23 Ultra and S23+.  However, You will still be able to find your device using features such as "Find My Mobile".  You can also use Google's "Find my Device" service as well. Make sure to set up these features, when you first receive your device. 

For additional information on Find my Mobile, check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089702/ 

Feel free to reach out to our community with any additional questions! We're always here for ya! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Options
Galaxy S23
Not sure got UWB on S22 Ultra but how it's different from Bluetooth say for finding a phone is hard to say...maybe lower frequency helps recognizing phone????
0 Likes
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S23

UWB stands for Ultra Wide Band and is used as a short-range wireless communication protocol that's used to track the location of objects. UWB works by calculating locations within less than half an inch by measuring how long it takes short radio pulses to travel between one device and another.

Based on Specifications Ultra Wide Band is only available on Galaxy S23 Ultra and S23+.  However, You will still be able to find your device using features such as "Find My Mobile".  You can also use Google's "Find my Device" service as well. Make sure to set up these features, when you first receive your device. 

For additional information on Find my Mobile, check out the following link: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00089702/ 

Feel free to reach out to our community with any additional questions! We're always here for ya! 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.