JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S23U: Where is the Voice-to-text mic for keyboard?!

(Topic created: 04-06-2024 03:14 PM)
jasmineberg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23

I have a galaxy S23 Ultra and updated this morning to 6.1 and now can't use voice to text in my text app.  It installed some AI Advanced Intelligence, which I've disabled and turned off in every area, yet it's still functioning and I cannot use voice to text anywhere.  

Voice input in keyboard is on samsung voice input as I do not choose to allow the permissions required for the gboard (they're riduculous!)

Please advise as to how to get the basic voice to text feature back.  These updates keep screwing up the phones and it's frustrating and annoying to say the least. Just want the old, simple functions please.  Thanks.

146 Replies
Natsol
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It's so annoying that it's all the way in the bottom. At the edge of my case so it's hard to just tap on it like before when it was in the task bar. It's so inconvenient because sometimes I'll switch over to typing and I have to move to totally different area. I know that sounds silly to some but it just doesn't make any sense
BillPonderosa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I literally just found it. I hate it. I hate it so much
stix110576
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Please not the only one who feels stupid....
GT12
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
It took me an hour of changing settings Googling looking up ECE till I saw the microphone in the lower left after the same update last night!
Apeonkwaj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
Thank you. I have been looking for the microphone and going over all my settings. When doing an update, something that affects accessibility :wheelchair_symbol:️ for people with disabilities needs to be better handled.
Rickythisismyname
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

I did all this and it still doesn't work. What do I do? I have an S23 Ultra. Thanks

stix110576
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
I have the same phone and I just switched it to the Samsung keyboard. And it is now at the bottom left. It is easily covered by your hand if you're holding the phone. So I have to keep remembering to move but it's there now
0 Likes
Rickythisismyname
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy S23

This didn't work for me, and this is the third time I have responded to this post, so I apologize if I responded 3 times.  I'm not seeing that my reply is posting. I also made another post about it individually. None of this worked for me. I did it twice. Made sure it was selected and restarted phone. Still no voice command

jme25
Constellation
Options
Galaxy S23
I agree with everyone. This is the dumbest update. Putting the microphone at the bottom left. I hate it so much. I want it back in the normal text area. I use talk to text all the time, and this is the worst location. Ever not to mention, for some reason, it keeps disappearing? And then I have to Google how to get get it back. Please put the microphone back....this so stupid!!!!!!!
bjj8887
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S23
Right! What if I'm driving 😂...im not texting and driving, I'm talk-texting and driving...thats safer 😒 kind of...now I can't even do that safely